For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By Rob P
Paultheparaglider wrote:Any particular preference for flowers? :wink:

Ask @Cessna571 , I'm passing his details on. :lol:

Rob P
Paultheparaglider liked this
By JAFO
Cessna571 wrote:What is it with Audi drivers at the mo?
Man alive, you know that certain “demographic”, they are all driving Audi’s at the minute.

There is an explanation of the AUDI name which is similar to my handle on here. Just as I can't tell you what all of the letters of JAFO stand for, I can't tell you about Audis. I was told that it stands for Another Useless Driver (insert alternative word if more appropriate) Inside.

Mike Tango wrote:
JAFO wrote:
Eh?

If only someone hadn’t kicked off this stereotypical whinge fest about cyclists, and further fed it with inaccurate understanding.

Mike - I wasn't the first to mention cyclists (though I may have been the first to air my true opinion of a certain section of the cycling community) and I do not believe that I have fed it with inaccurate understanding. Please do point out where I have done so if you have spotted something so that I become aware of my misunderstandings.
By johnm
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
There are some daft drivers daft cyclist daft equestrians and daft pedestrians

Daft drivers are in the majority often through impatience and some of those appear to post on here :twisted:
By Mike Tango
JAFO wrote:
Mike - I wasn't the first to mention cyclists (though I may have been the first to air my true opinion of a certain section of the cycling community) and I do not believe that I have fed it with inaccurate understanding. Please do point out where I have done so if you have spotted something so that I become aware of my misunderstandings.

A true opinion expressed in a rather derogatory manner and that regretfully just feeds into an antagonistic and adversarial narrative in the wider world, where words can and do have unfortunate physical consequences.

Perhaps the first couple of pages regarding sport on the roads? But if that is my error in how I'm reading it, then I bow to your interpretation and apologise.
By Mike Tango
As a general observation not aimed at any particular contributor hence added separately, I’ll just bow out with the thought that all road users owe a duty of care to all other road users, especially those more vulnerable than themselves whether they are appreciated for being there or not, and vilifying any minority group in life, be they road users or otherwise, generally does no one any favours.
malcolmfrost, rikur_, eltonioni and 3 others liked this
By Paul_Sengupta
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
I went to get new tyres on the car this evening, and on the way back I was in a line of traffic in a 20mph zone. Ahead of me, a cyclist was being held up by the cars! As the cars in front of him turned away that's it, he was off! I'm pretty sure he left the ground completely as he subsequently hit the speed ramp... :D
Rob P liked this