For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
£100 apparently.

So, if you are walking across St James’ Park and you see him at lunch, run over, and put him in a headlock with one of your mates, while it’s being filmed.

£100 ! Quite cheap I think.

You can only do it once though, as you do also get a short custodial sentence, but that is suspended for 2 years, so nothing to worry about really.

I’d be well miffed if I was attacked in a park and it was £100 fine, that’s less than a speeding ticket.

So, if we all chip in a few quid, who do we want filmed in a headlock?
By johnm
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
This part of the outcome resulted from him pleading guilty and offering a grovelling apology and was only a small part of the impact on the halfwit involved who also got fired from a promising career in property.......His mate is going for trial which I suspect may prove to be an error of judgement in due course, because he'll probably have to wait around 2 to 3 years for it to get to court and then may well end up with a custodial sentence.
johnm wrote:This part of the outcome resulted from him pleading guilty and offering a grovelling apology and was only a small part of the impact on the halfwit involved who also got fired from a promising career in property..........

.. and now has a criminal record which could see him excluded for life from visits for tourism or business to several countries includingat least US, Canada, Australia, NZ in current practice and (in theory, since the B word) any EU country. The concept of 'spent' convictions does not apply to disclosures in other nations' visa applications; nor, AIUI, in UK public sector posts requiring 'enhanced' vetting. This could constrain his future carrer choices considerably.

But my sympathy is limited :?
johnm liked this
I read that the £100 was compensation to Prof Whitty. There were court costs etc on top of that. Total bill of £300+

Plus if he gets nabbed while involved in any other violent behaviour in the next two years he has the risk of the custodial sentence being activated even if the new offence didn't warrant custody on its own.

Classic case of a moment's stupidity leading to a life-changing event.