For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By akg1486
T6Harvard wrote:Action Fraud said my friend WAS NOT A VICTIM OF CRIME because Halifax had refunded.

:shock:

Good for the crime statistics, I suppose.
T6Harvard liked this
By Rob P
Flyingfemme wrote:I have a rule of not doing anything financial on my phone - it goes out and about too much, too easy to steal or lose. So no finacial apps are installed.

Same here, with the exception of PayPal. I somehow feel more protected paying with a (cashback) credit card via PayPal on my phone, than with the card direct. Nothing ever on my bank account or its related debit card - which is secured in an RFID wallet. And yes, my phone is fingerprint secured so I can't explain my rationale, it's just what I feel comfortable with.

Rob P
Flyin'Dutch' liked this
By PeteSpencer
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Flyin'Dutch' wrote:PayPal good for getting money back when service/goods are not delivered.

You've gotta be quick, though: They have a seemingly arbitrary 'statute of limitations.'

Ask me how I know........................... :wink:
By MikeE
Flyin'Dutch' wrote:PayPal good for getting money back when service/goods are not delivered.

As I understand it paying through PayPal loses you your section 75 protection. I don’t know if PayPal themselves offer the equivalent, but doubt that they do.

Regards

Mike
By Flyin'Dutch'
MikeE wrote:As I understand it paying through PayPal loses you your section 75 protection. I don’t know if PayPal themselves offer the equivalent, but doubt that they do.

Not quite correct.

PayPal does offer protection and do so for sums under the Section 75 threshold of £100 too.

Furthermore the Section 75 protection from the credit card remains in place even when using the cc to feed the PayPal function in a lot of transactions.

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/recla ... purchases/
MikeE liked this