For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By PeteSpencer
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
I'm sure when I first acquired SE2 and set it up via SD/Flarm on my iPad mini4, I also managed to get the 'radar screen' to fill my iPhone 7 screen which I then mounted in my eyeline level with the coaming.

Or was I imagining it? Because for the last couple of flights I can't get this to happen and I'm relying on the pi ssy little 'radar' screen bottom right on my iPad which is way out of my eyeline.

I've fiddled and fiddled at home and am beginning to think I imagined the whole thing.

Is there any way to get the 'radar screen' to fill my iPhone screen while using SE2 and SD on my iPad?

TIA as always.
By GrahamB
The ‘traffic’ option in the SD logo menu only appears once SD has received its first target, so depending where you are and time of day, it might be a while before your SE2 detects any ADSB traffic and passes it to SD.
By PeteSpencer
Bloody brilliant! Hole in one:

I can only assume when I first set it up I hit the SD/Traffic combo by accident .

Thanks again.
edit: @GrahamB But even with no traffic I still get the iPhone black screen but with diagonal red cross, mimicking the postage stamp bottom right screen on iPad so I guess it worked.
By PeteSpencer
GrahamB wrote:I normally get the red cross across the traffic page at the end of the flight when the PAW powers down and SD loses the connection with it.

Obvs without flying I can’t test this out fully but I think I’m getting the ‘radar screen’ albeit off and no traffic atm ion my iPhone as it fills the screen (which was my goal) and matches the pi ssy iOS iPad screen and disappears cat the same time when I turn SE:SD off.