For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By PeteSpencer
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
My CD multichanger (yeah, really) is pretty cool.

However I do lament the inability to play media via bluetooth from my iPhone or from a digital gizmo stick via USB:

Yeh, I know, I know, I can 'talk the talk' :roll:
PeteSpencer wrote:
However I do lament the inability to play media via bluetooth from my iPhone or from a digital gizmo stick via USB:

My car doesn't have bluetooth but it does have a small round aux input socket into which I plug a small bluetooth receiver and can then play music from the iPhone. It only cost pennies on Amazon. Can't you do that?

PW
By PeteSpencer
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Propwash wrote:
PeteSpencer wrote:

My car doesn't have bluetooth but it does have a small round aux input socket into which I plug a small bluetooth receiver and can then play music from the iPhone. It only cost pennies on Amazon. Can't you do that?

PW

Yep I've searched and there isn't one. I s'pose I could get one put in by a local car/audio outfit...

Worth investigating : I have music on all the time : My 3Litre V6 petrol is virtually inaudible anyway so no throaty roaring for me to get off on. :lol:

Even my wife's elderly Golf has an aux-in socket.
Which she never uses...
By Propwash
PeteSpencer wrote:Even my wife's elderly Golf has an aux-in socket.
Which she never uses...

So nick hers. :lol:

Car audio systems are the one thing that I would have thought would be the first thing manufacturers standardised, but they often seem to be the last thing they consider and every car seems to be different. On a long journey to visit family I prefer using my own music (hence the blue tooth adapter) because stations on the radio often play repetitive playlists.

Different if there is a test match on radio, but otherwise it is rarely used.

PW
Rob P wrote:I never turn the radio on. Why would I? The soundtrack is so much better without.

Rob P

The Ferrari has a narrow rear window that drops down so you can listen to the roar of the mighty V8 all the better 8) :lol:
Rob P liked this
By Rob P
Luxury! :D

In my progress from 3-cylinder inline to V8 I have only missed out the 5-cylinder

V12 is yet to happen and I fear it may never

Rob P
By kanga
Rob P wrote:..

In my progress from 3-cylinder inline to V8 I have only missed out the 5-cylinder

I expect I'm not alone in having started on 1-cyl 49cc :)

In Canada in '60s, a 'straight 6' (like the Chevy Biscayne I bought very cheaply) was a 'compact', anything with a mere '4' was a 'sub-compact' (and almost certainly an import). 'Standard' was a V8. ..

Just checked: the RR B60 in the Ferret, 4,256 cc 129bhp, was also a mere 'straight 6', but an impressive performer forward or backward :thumright:
Flyingfemme liked this
Rob P wrote:Luxury! :D

V12 is yet to happen and I fear it may never

Rob P

Never had a 5.......all my triples have been the two wheeled variety.

V12 - aaaaaaah! My SL600 was a magic carpet; almost silent and wafted along. 8) The CofG was a little too far forward :roll: Sadly all the parts were unique to the 600 and almost unobtanium. When it got too old, it had to go. It did make a wonderful pickup - lash the load to the popup rollbar and off you go.
Rob P, Flyin'Dutch' liked this
By Rob P
I have had single, twin and 4-cylinder bikes.

The triple was a car, but at least it was a Suzuki

Rob P
By Rob P
If we wanted to get really anal we could split inline, flat and V sixes :lol:

I have had them all

Rob P
Rob P wrote:If we wanted to get really anal we could split inline, flat and V sixes :lol:

I have had them all

Rob P

As one should - there is a difference between a "gentleman's conveyance" and a hooligan (and a Lycoming 8)!
Rob P liked this
By kanga
Flyingfemme wrote:..- there is a difference between a "gentleman's conveyance" and a hooligan (and a Lycoming 8)!

.. and, analogously, a P&W or Alvis radial :)

[and I have ridden in a friend's Mazda with a Wankel rotary]
Last edited by kanga on Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.