For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By MarkOlding
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Nooooo - Polestar 2 every time.
2 people at work have Teslas, both sent back on the delivery day for incorrectly fitting panels and differing shades of colour.
They might go fast and make farting noises on demand but build quality is pants
Oh Lord! Are we in for years of "My Polestar is better than your Tesla" now?

Who cares? EV is the (near) future and they are by and large a huge improvement on ICE as @PeteSpencer has just described.

Rob P
By PeteSpencer
MarkOlding wrote:Nooooo - Polestar 2 every time.
2 people at work have Teslas, both sent back on the delivery day for incorrectly fitting panels and differing shades of colour.
They might go fast and make farting noises on demand but build quality is pants

I have simple tastes:

It's all academic really as I don't have a cat in hell's chance of persuading 'er indoors to engage with the bleedin' great flat screen.

And I don't want another ten years of her refusing to drive one of our two cars. (She won't drive the krauto for fear of dinking it, even though its nearly 20 years old). :roll:

Prolly end up with a Zoe as I'm determined to own a 'lectric car before I croak. :wink:
My Model 3 is approaching 2 years old and I still love it. Costs so far have included zero road tax, zero servicing, & zero breakdowns. "Fuel" is approx 1p / mile, but cost of capital & depreciation are not known and TBH not bothered about. Life is too short.

If the Polestar had been out when I bought my Model3 I may well have gone for one but it wasn't so I didn't.
Flyin'Dutch' liked this
By PeteSpencer
And yet the 'speedometer' is just a number in the top right corner.

I think I'm basically 'analogue ' at heart.....

@Colonel Panic Did you have any extra 'set-up' expenses at the outset?

My friend had to dig a 30metre trench for ducting to take a cable across his courtyard to his parking/charging spot.

A cool £5k.

Peter
It always amuses me how quickly folk forget that central speedo's were common in the past, as were digital speedos.

Set up costs were minimal - just had to add a thick cable from the consumer unit to the charger at the back of the garage. It could have been much less if I hd gone for a subsidy-approved wall charger, but I opted for a Tesla charger (~£700??) as that was what I wanted, despite falling outside of the subsidy regime.

But in your new-build I am sure you thought ahead and had the relevant services laid on? :wink:
By stevelup
GrahamB wrote:Are you ready for this @stevelup ? :D

I shall not be drawn into this age old debate..

Spectrum -vs- Commodore 64
Atari ST -vs- Amiga
Apple -vs- Android
Polestar -vs- Tesla

Same s..t different day.

I honestly think the cars are sufficiently different that it's pointless comparing them. But I'll toss a grenade and run anyway...

One of them is a bit more efficient and has access to a better charging network (for now). The other is better in every other way :twisted: