For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By Bill McCarthy
Thought I’d start a new thread on this side. Well, I’ve binge watched and found it quite entertaining. Clearly, the “star” of the show is his sidekick Kaleb. He brings Clarkson down to earth (pardon the pun) and he sees him (Kaleb) as a younger version of himself. Clarkson is doing his bit for the environment too, but the “money no object” in this, and his efforts at farming slightly skew the story. As for Gerald (?), I haven’t understood a word as of yet. I’ve forgiven the buffoonery. I think he is being ripped off over the cost of his sheep clip (shearing). Mine were clipped yesterday for £1 /head - his, £1.75. And I wonder how much the agronomist is costing him.
By JAFO
I thought it was brilliant - entertaining and informative for those of us who know very little about farming.

There's a YouTube video of Gerald, all his bits put together. Fantastic stuff.
flybymike liked this
By Flyingfemme
Bill McCarthy wrote: Mine were clipped yesterday for £1 /head - his, £1.75. And I wonder how much the agronomist is costing him.

This is the Cotwolds, Dahling.

He mentioned Daylesford Organic Farm Shop up the road - if you want to see ripoffs, look at their website! Two quid for a cucumber and two and a half for an avocado.........at those prices we should all be skinny.
By riverrock
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Flyingfemme wrote:He mentioned Daylesford Organic Farm Shop up the road - if you want to see ripoffs, look at their website! Two quid for a cucumber and two and a half for an avocado.........at those prices we should all be skinny.

We'll just have to eat lots of lamb instead - its going cheap!
By Bill McCarthy
At least Clarkson has not been drawn into the daftness that is organic farming (yet). He is pouring money into environmental projects that he will never see a return on - how much does it cost to transplant a mature tree. Good on him for preserving hedge lines and buffer zones. We are all just passing through and as long as he leaves it in a better state than it was when he took over is commendable. I do hope there is a second run just to see how he settles into it more. If he gets it weighed off it might become boring however.
JAFO, Flyingfemme, PeteSpencer and 1 others liked this
By akg1486
Incredible: positive reviews for Clarkson on this forum? I thought I’d give it a miss, but perhaps not. I do have Amazon Prime.
By PeteSpencer
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
akg1486 wrote:Incredible: positive reviews for Clarkson on this forum? I thought I’d give it a miss, but perhaps not. I do have Amazon Prime.

You won’t regret it: It was a truly entertaining mini series showing another side to Clarkson .

The true star was Kaleb though :lol: along with the dry but droll agronomist .
rikur_, flybymike liked this
By kanga
Bill McCarthy wrote:.., the “star” of the show is his sidekick Kaleb. He brings Clarkson down to earth (pardon the pun) and he sees him (Kaleb) as a younger version of himself. ...

I've not seen any of it, nor (with only Freeview for viewing) am I likely too, but ..

<linguist nerdery drift :oops: >

.. the above suggests some apposite 'nominative determinism':

Jeremy (Jeremiah), from Hebrew: 'Yhwh will raise'

Kaleb, from Hebrew,: 'dogged, stubborn'; from Semitic radical KLB 'dog' (as also seen in Arabic, Maltese)

:)

</>
By malcolmfrost
kanga wrote:
Bill McCarthy wrote:.., the “star” of the show is his sidekick Kaleb. He brings Clarkson down to earth (pardon the pun) and he sees him (Kaleb) as a younger version of himself. ...

I've not seen any of it, nor (with only Freeview for viewing) am I likely too, but ..

<linguist nerdery drift :oops: >

.. the above suggests some apposite 'nominative determinism':

Jeremy (Jeremiah), from Hebrew: 'Yhwh will raise'

Kaleb, from Hebrew,: 'dogged, stubborn'; from Semitic radical KLB 'dog' (as also seen in Arabic, Maltese)

:)

</>

Get yourself a one month free Amazon Prime trial, do some shopping and watch Clarkson Farm :D
By Bill McCarthy
A farm in the far north changed hands just recently (farmer retiring). Many offers came in from other farms, near and far. He went round all the farms that had tendered an offer in order to check how theirs were operating - he accepted the deal from the best kept farm as his own was immaculately maintained - and it wasn’t the highest bid.
Charles Hunt, kanga, Pete L and 2 others liked this