For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By PeteSpencer
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Strange: My passport was renewed in Feb 2013 but no probs at all renewing my Driving licence in 2015 (70) and again in 2018 and again this year 2021.
Same old photo used throughout as in passport 2013. :roll:

Edit for clarity
Last edited by PeteSpencer on Wed Jul 14, 2021 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Rob P
Through some mammoth bit of incompetence I have managed to mislay the hard copy application form they sent me. So before I drive to Mildenhall to pick up another I reapplied online with the same result. Luckily there is a webchat option and I thought it worth giving it a go. As you will see there is a bot to do the initial sorting.

Success! I am about to be transferred to a real person!

Oh no I am not :(

Bye for now, I am off to Mildenhall

Rob P

By Rob P
Just got back from Mildenhall - The Post Office don't have the required D46P form :evil:

Now in a twenty-four minute phone queue as the bit of the website where you order paper forms doesn't offer the D46P either

Jim Jones wrote:I’m 70 in January

Seriously, I would start the process now based on current experience

Rob P

Update: After about thirty-two minutes I got to speak to a nice Welsh lady and she confirmed that it was all the fault of some software glitch in the system linking DVLA and Passport Office - which is being looked into.

New form D46P on its way to me, but the chances are my licence will expire before they get round to doing anything with it (due Covid and industrial inaction) so if I continue to drive I must carry a proof of posting with me and memorise the phrase "I am driving under the terms of Section 88"
Jim Jones liked this
By nallen
Rob P wrote:I must carry a proof of posting with me and memorise the phrase "I am driving under the terms of Section 88"

That's the senility test.
Rob P, Flyin'Dutch', kanga liked this
By PeteSpencer
That’s what Matt Somebody- or-other from Watchdog on that fount of all knowledge the BBC One show said last night when pointing out the acknowledged ten week delays due to strike action at Swansea….. :roll:
By chevvron
Highland Park wrote:Just a word of caution. Industrial action has been ongoing within DVLA for a while over COVID safety in their office in Swansea, resulting in some massive backlogs:

https://www.pcs.org.uk/news-events/news ... -continues

Ian

Yeah; I posted the wife's driving lcense application in April (for April) and didn''t get it until late June.
By stevelup
It seems to be the paper / postal folks who are affected, not anyone else.

My other half applied (electronically) for a replacement license on a Monday and it plopped onto the doormat on the Wednesday.

So if you can do it online, do...
By Rob P
:(

I can't do it online. Their system is borked

Rob P