For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By kanga
TravellerBob wrote:..
The 'i' makes Jeremy Corbyn look more right-wing than Thatcher :oops:

:D

I knew a former Conservative MP who in his later years bought only the Independent then the i, having got fed up with the Times and DT as far too right-wing (affecting the accuracy as well as attitude of their reporting); a habit his widow continued :wink:
By eltonioni
T6Harvard wrote:@Flyingfemme , would the DVLA accept a certified copy of the POA?
-----

What I cannot understand is why DVLA seems to be unable to scan docs on receipt and return them immediately. The docs would then be in the system and staff who are WFH could see them and action the cases??

I worked for a local council for a while and they have been scanning letters and docs since at least 8 or 9 years ago. If I was WFH for them I used a secure router and secure gcsx email to deal with cases. Simples. I can only assume DVLA never invested in the technology.

I do understand there have been issues with Covid spreading at the main office (open plan, air con, ideal breeding ground) causing staff shortages but WFH could have alleviated some of the probs.
Yes, I do know it is not easy to WFH for many people but what sort of country - for clarity I mean the UK - are we living in when we can't manage a licensing system upon which millions of people depend???? And..... we've had 18 months to get a grip of the situation!!!

(Rant of the day over)

It's yet another stinking part of HMG / Civil Service which needs privatising, and fast. That's not politics, just a matter of fact.
By Flyingfemme
T6Harvard wrote:@Flyingfemme , would the DVLA accept a certified copy of the POA?

Yes - they eventually said they would. But then I have to go to the trouble, and expense, of having a 22 page document certified, posted, then wait months for it to be "processed".
The Attorney General has an online system for companies and institutions to check LPAs online - but I haven't found a single company, or other government department, that will use the system!
T6Harvard liked this
By Rob P
Miscellaneous wrote:@Rob P are you aware you can check the date of applications being processed?

I am now :D

Thanks

Rob P
By Rob P
Well, after just a shade under three months since the process started I now am the proud possessor of a driving licence once again.

It only took about tem minutes with a scraper and some surgical spirit to remove the clump of adhesive on the back that was preventing me sliding it into place in the lovely, slick, leather RFID wallet Sandra bought me, coincidentally about three months back.

Rob P
Rob P wrote:Well, after just a shade under three months since the process started I now am the proud possessor of a driving licence once again.

I'm encouraged to hear applications are making there way to the top of the pile. I'm not in any great need, my only worry being they and I will forget all about it and it will expire.
By Jim Jones
Sent my paperwork off, eye test bit done by optician , GP did the rest, no physical exam needed so half price at £55 for him.

Let’s see how he DVLA get on with it.
By StratoTramp
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
I hope they stay inefficient. :lol:

On the same weekend I hit the pigeon on the way down to Somerset I also got caught by a speed camera coming back (expensive weekend in the end) but fair cop :| still not bad 18 years clean license and I've never sped before honest.

They are just waiting until I think I got away with it before posting it through.

It definitely flashed though :lol: pretty sure it was me... as it was just me and the guy I was overtaking at 4am on the road.
By Jim Jones
Jim Jones wrote:Sent my paperwork off, eye test bit done by optician , GP did the rest, no physical exam needed so half price at £55 for him.

Let’s see how he DVLA get on with it.

Update
Licence arrived today, all privileges retained, valid from 7/12/21 to 26/1/25

Phew!
johnm liked this