For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
I now have a Tado system, with ~20 TRVs (ker-ching) and HW control. I think it is excellent, and found having effectively a room stat in every room empowering. What they don't tell you in advance is that you can't have more than 10 zones - I wanted slightly more - so I have had to group a couple of rooms together.

It suits my needs much better than the previous Nest system, which in itself was better than the Netatmo system before that.

I seriously doubt that I would ever want to go back to a "dumb" system.
Flyin'Dutch' liked this
By Flyin'Dutch'
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Quick Question.

Which rooms are you actively controlling?

Our bathrooms, which would benefit most, have underfloor hot water heating so too slow, and the towel rails are not suitable for a Smart TRV.

In most other rooms the heating kan either be on or off most of the time. Other than my home office and the spare/hobby room, although the latter can not vary too much as we have a honky tonk piano in there.
I actively control virtually everywhere, but accept that as it is mainly just the two of us rattling around in a medium sized house, most zones are kept at FrostSave or Off 24/7/365. We only have underfloor heating (electric) in one bathroom but I am too tight to ever want to use it ... so we don't. But the towel rail has a Tado TRV and we use that instead.

PS One rather neat feature of the Tado TRVs is that they briefly open/close once every few days so as to prevent jamming when needed.
Flyin'Dutch' liked this