For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By Charles Hunt
Well, I suppose the question the Ukraine had to ask itself was "Would you rather have the support of Royal Navy ships (even if only armed with a pea shooter), or win a football match?"
By johnm
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
I was at theatre all masked up and would like to see football banned :twisted:
By A4 Pacific
johnm wrote:I was at theatre all masked up and would like to see football banned :twisted:

Very many were “at theatre” tonight, (the theatre of dreams!) and wouldn’t notice if your theatre was banned! :evil: :lol: :lol:

Shall we have a referendum to see which is most popular? :mrgreen:
skydriller liked this
By johnm
I have noted with interest that large maskless and unruly gatherings are apparently fine in this context, but we're still struggling to get theatres and concert halls opened up with orderly social distancing and mask measures in place :twisted:

I also noted that, despite all the flag waving, 13 of the 26 in the squad are entitled to play for other countries.

I was also told last night that when the size of the goal was set the average height of a goalie was 5ft 4 in :D

We need bigger goals :D

The is the end of your useless information bulletin :D
Charles Hunt liked this
By chevvron
A4 Pacific wrote:
johnm wrote:I was at theatre all masked up and would like to see football banned :twisted:

Very many were “at theatre” tonight, (the theatre of dreams!) and wouldn’t notice if your theatre was banned! :evil: :lol: :lol:

Shall we have a referendum to see which is most popular? :mrgreen:

The news report was factual and accurate; the players achieved what they needed to do to earn their money.
So what else is so great about them?
By PeteSpencer
I thought it was a brilliant day of sport:

Hot on the heels of Emma Raducanu's victory at Wimbledon, the footie (which I rarely watch- I'm no great fan) plus toxic doses of Pimms, really made my day............... :oops:

I do think Harry Kane should get his Ts and As done though. :wink:
riverrock, Cessna571 liked this
By Cessna571
@johnm

It’s simple, if the theatres don’t open you’re not going to start smashing the country up are you?!

Sadly you are involved in a human nature experiment, the very real anti marches, the “kill the bill” marches etc (which are not being reported anywhere, but are going on believe me) are the reason they are having to placate a large part of society.

Remember how XR were able to shut London for a week.

Those people are bored and they have a new cause.

Remember how we couldn’t fly for a bit, for no other reason than the masses wouldn’t like it. Well, they certainly don’t like your theatre!

In this country we get what the masses want, not what’s best (ref Brexit).

I agree it’s daft, but it is what it is, and the football is a bit of fun isn’t it.

We should have both, but we live in a post Thatcher Britain, not Plato’s Republic.
johnm liked this
By Paultheparaglider
I don't really care if England wins or not. But, there is one thing I find really offensive about this.

Bud Light. Officially the official beer of England.

First off, that breaks the Trade descriptions act. Bud light definitely isn't beer. As for associating that foul American slop with our green and pleasant land - Blake must be spinning in his grave.

Where is that throwing up emoticon when you need it.

Edit to say thanks to @Mike Tango .

:pukel:
Last edited by Paultheparaglider on Mon Jul 05, 2021 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.