For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By Mike Tango
riverrock wrote:
A vigil, with respect and social distancing, became a rally by individuals who were intent and had history on provoking the police,. The police response was bad optics, not perfect, but entirely justified.

The new policing bill will ensure that even a peaceful vigil will become a thing of the past under threat of years in prison, so that’s all right then.
Flyin'Dutch' liked this
By TopCat
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
riverrock wrote:At the Sarah Everard vigil, the police were exonerated. Read the reports - not the media or political hype.
https://www.justiceinspectorates.gov.uk ... am-common/

A vigil, with respect and social distancing, became a rally by individuals who were intent and had history on provoking the police,. The police response was bad optics, not perfect, but entirely justified.

I stand corrected, thanks.
By Propwash
johnm wrote:Frank noted that MPS were diligent in enforcing COVID restrictions and the report confirms they acted reasonably. However he suggested that they appeared to take little or no action in respect of the public disorder around the football match and that appears to be right from what I’ve seen.

So no it wasn’t in any sense specious it was a reasonable question.

Did you even bother to read my post about the presence of police officers INSIDE stadia during events? What you have seen is apparently only what you want to see.

PW
eltonioni, low&slow liked this
By eltonioni
Blimey, I go to the pub and everyone falls out while I'm away.

Having a look at the last page of this Flyer Forum thread it doesn't take any imagination to understand why young men get a bit lairy. The tribes are already here, just add a warm evening and some beer. Oh, and much more testosterone than this gang of ancient pilots can manage. :lol:

Come on gents (the ladies seem to be behaving). Let's be nice. :)
By A4 Pacific
@johnm
However he suggested that they appeared to take little or no action in respect of the public disorder around the football match and that appears to be right from what I’ve seen.

From ‘what you’ve seen’ how do you explain the injuries to 19 police officers that night? Not to mention the 86 arrests!
Last edited by A4 Pacific on Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
By A4 Pacific
@Mike Tango

The new policing bill will ensure that even a peaceful vigil will become a thing of the past under threat of years in prison, so that’s all right then.

Then we must “Kill the Bill!” I know they’re keen on that in Bristol and elsewhere.
By johnm
A4 Pacific wrote:@johnm
However he suggested that they appeared to take little or no action in respect of the public disorder around the football match and that appears to be right from what I’ve seen.

From ‘what you’ve seen’ how do you explain the injuries to 19 police officers that night? Not to mention the 86 arrests!

I have no need to explain anything and don’t intend to.
By A4 Pacific
johnm wrote:
A4 Pacific wrote:@johnm

I have no need to explain anything and don’t intend to.

Thank you for perfectly encapsulating the biggest problem with this thoroughly unpleasant thread, which has stumbled into the topic of prejudice.

My work here is done. :lol:
By kanga
'Euro 2020 racism: School pupil abused after England defeat, family say .. A pupil was forced to hide in a school toilet to escape a torrent of racist abuse after England's Euro 2020 final defeat, her family said... although her sister had not disclosed the exact nature of the comments, she said they were linked directly to some of the England players and what happened in the final...'

Racism is (correctly, IMHO) siad to be a learned, not an instinctive, attitude :(

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-humber-57833414

I heard on the radio yesterday someone recalling the 'South Pacific' song lyrics "You've got to be carefully taught":

https://www.stlyrics.com/lyrics/southpa ... taught.htm
By riverrock
Bullying in a school shouldn't be tolerated, but lets get some perspective - its hardly national news.
If it wasn't something racist, it will be because that person is academic / not academic / tall / short / loudly spoken / softly spoken / wears new clothes / old clothes / listens to the wrong music...
Shouldn't be tolerated, and not nice for that kid, but its a daily feature that parents and teachers have to deal with (teachers often without parental support).
By eltonioni
So not racist then. Not remotely surprised.
Greater Manchester Police said officers were examining CCTV from the area and forensic evidence from the spray paint used.

Phew, good effort GM Police. Don't worry, they will soon back to business as usual for the plebs.

Carl Ainsworth says he was riding at approximately 8.50pm on Sunday evening on Belmot Road in Needwood, Staffordshire, when an axe was thrown at him from a white high roof van. Carl contacted Staffordshire Police, and says an officer told him the incident wouldn't be followed up on unless they receive further complaints about the occupants of a van matching the description. He was also told there was nothing they could do without the registration number, and that fingerprints wouldn't be taken from the weapon.
By Cessna571
Mike Tango wrote:
riverrock wrote:

It’s a shame we need that bill, it allows the Police to stop the new “Animal Rebellion” group closing factories by blockading them with a “peaceful” protest.

You might support the bill if one of these “rebellion” groups decides they don’t like your business.

You see they can lawfully shut you down if they don’t like you, as long as they do it peacefully.

What is your business? What do you do as a day job out of interest?

You’re obviously not a target of one of the “rebellion” groups that the bill will protect people from.

Shame we need it, but we do.

(I write / design software for a large medical company, so they’ve not come for us yet.
I used to work for John Lewis, they went for them a couple of times, but it was kept out of the press, and JL ceased their private shoot which appeased them. )