For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By chevvron
Mike Tango wrote:Unbelievable, next closest sprinter is on eleven TdeF stage wins or thereabouts.

Mark Cavendish for Sports Personality of the Decade says I!

Definitely but some pansy of a football player will probably get it instead.
Mike Tango liked this
By eltonioni
Of course Southgate will get it, but it’s of no matter really. What can happen is for Sir Mark to arise a week on Monday morning.

I watched the last ten minutes yesterday on my phone in Fenwicks’ ladies department while the ladies watched tennis on the big screen outside. I think I might have embarrassed Mrs E a bit with my overexcitement… and she’s a fan!

We really don’t appreciate some superstars enough, but as long as he’s KBE’d that’ll do.

The picture is a few years old but it’s a great summary of the enormity of what he’s done.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/yaEV9Cv.png[/img]
By ROG
Some interesting climbs today. Hope he"s recovered from yesterday--He was obviously feeling shattered--hardly surprising
How about LORD Cavendish ..
Would he arrive there on his bike.?
By eltonioni
So long he makes half a wheel in Paris we'll all be happy though :)

Well, obviously Eddy won't be, but Eddy never is. :lol:
Paultheparaglider liked this
By eltonioni
malcolmfrost wrote:Half a rim will do! The final corner on the Champs is right up DQSs street!

That last right left, Cav on the outside left... waiting... then... bang!
By chevvron
eltonioni wrote:
malcolmfrost wrote:Half a rim will do! The final corner on the Champs is right up DQSs street!

That last right left, Cav on the outside left... waiting... then... bang!

It's OK; Sagan has already 'dropped out'(probably getting ready for Tokyo 'cos he was unable to make any impact on Cavendish)
By eltonioni
chevvron wrote:It's OK; Sagan has already 'dropped out'(probably getting ready for Tokyo 'cos he was unable to make any impact on Cavendish)

I'm more worried that Greipel will get mollycoddled to Paris to give it one last blast before retiring. It's been a decent Tour which all things considered is a bit of a surprise.
By malcolmfrost
malcolmfrost wrote:Lachy has just finished Stage 20 and is riding the final transfer to Paris. Meanwhile the Tour riders are having a rest day!!
https://alttour.ef.com/

And he's finished!
Lachlan Morton

Distance On Track:5509.06 KM (100%)
Distance To Go: 0.00 KM
Speed: 0.00 KM/H
AVG Route Speed: 13.65 KM/H
AVG Moving Speed: 24.34 KM/H
ETA: 0 m
Moving Time: 9 d 09 h 7 m (56%)
Stopped Time: 7 d 08 h 10 m (44%)
eltonioni, Rob P, Paultheparaglider and 1 others liked this
By eltonioni
We enjoyed that, what a ride. :D Even though the last days in the mountains seem to have taken their toll Cav looks like he's got another year in those old legs. Here's looking forward to him stepping out of Eddy's shadow in 2022. :thumleft:

I did like EM's rather pithy comment that, that he was never a sprinter so he got his 34 by leading the Tour for 2,800 km, whereas Cav has led for six seconds. Top trolling! :lol: