For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By PeteSpencer
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Mike Tango wrote:Also wise not to trust anything in the likes of Mail, Express, Sun, Telegraph etc. They are just mouthpieces for their billionaire owners and not purveyors of anything remotely resembling reputable or trustworthy news.

What abject tosh :roll:
By eltonioni
Seem to remember that the various law and institutional changes were down to the racist Daily Mail's tenacious campaigning around Stephen Lawrence's murder.

Does the BBC do campaigning at all? Obviously, their longstanding campaign to criminalise widows and single mums on benefits is ramping up, but do That's Life or Watchdog make much of a difference?

Edit: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daily_Mai ... ion_prizes
By Flyingfemme
Have to agree that you cannot warn people enough. Sadly.

My Mum gets very upset when phone scammers tell her that her Amazon subscription is due and they are going to take it from her bank. No matter how many times I remind her that she doesn't have an Amazon account and they cannot know her bank account details..........she continues to be very worried that they might be able to take the money.

Life would be much simpler if utility companies et al would still send quarterly bills and allow people to just pay them. I am driven crazy by trying to manage (at a distance) my parents' accounts online - especially the direct debit ones where I also have to keep a running balance because they take advantage of the prepayment levels. And don't get me started on the trials of keeping 4 properties going on my one email!