For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
It all looked right at first glance. In fact, when searching online it still doesn't come up as a scam so what am I missing? Being a Yorkshireman I do like a bit of free cash and having took part in the odd corporate survey so when this dropped in my inbox I thought, "hey yea!"
Facebook User Experience Research <research@support.facebook.com>
Thu, 24 Jun, 17:45
to Eltonioni
from Facebook Research

Hello Eltonioni,

Facebook is holding a series of 60 minute research sessions on 30th June until 1st July. This study will be held remotely so you can participate from wherever on either a laptop or desktop with a webcam. We want to learn more about how people use Facebook and how we can make it a better experience.

If you are selected and participate in a study session, you'll receive a $75 or local equivalent Facebook Research e-Reward redeemable for a selection of e-gift cards through PerksWW.

If you are interested in participating, please click here to complete a brief survey. Available times are located in the survey.

If you are selected for the study, you will receive a follow-up call or email with more details.

Please don't hesitate to reply with any questions, thanks!

Esha R | Facebook Research | 1 Rathbone Square, London, W1T 1FB

Hmm, ok. A $75 voucher, what could Mrs E do with that?

Esha Rupani <esharu@fb.com>
Mon, 28 Jun, 18:28
to me

Hello Eltonioni,

Thanks for your interest in research with Facebook! Please let me know ideally by tomorrow morning if you are still available to participate in a 60-minute remote session on the date/time below:

Wednesday June 30th from 11:30am to 12:30pm BST

You will be speaking with Sai Li from Facebook's research team.

Once I receive your confirmation, I will send you a confirmation email with all the details you need.

Other useful information:

As thanks for participating, you will receive $80 Facebook Research e-Reward or local equivalent (redeemable for a selection of electronic gift cards through PerksWW). You can expect the reward code to be emailed to you at this address within 2 business days of your completed session and will come directly from rewards@perks.com.

Facebook takes your privacy very seriously and will never use any of your information for purposes other than research.

Please don't hesitate to email or call me at 0044 7767 004582 if you have any questions. We look forward to meeting you!

Many thanks,

Esha

Esha R
Research Participant Recruiter | UX Research Participant Management
1 Rathbone Square, London, W1T 1FB
Facebook | Mobile +44 7767 004582

I got selected, I confirm. Yayy!! I thought it was $75, but a $80 John Lewis voucher would be nice anyway. Do John Lewis take dollars or did they really mean £'s?
Esha Rupani <esharu@fb.com>
Tue, 29 Jun, 12:38
to me, Sai

Hello Eltonioni,

Thank you for your interest in research with Facebook! Below are important details for the study you will be participating in. Please review entirely.

When: Wednesday June 30th from 11:30am to 12:30pm BST
You will be speaking with Sai Li from Facebook's research team.

To prepare for the study:

· [IMPORTANT]: Be on the lookout for a separate email from Adobe Echo Sign (sender is: Research Agreement from echosign@echosign.com) requesting a required e-signature for our Research Participation Agreement (RPA). Review the electronic RPA and sign as soon as possible to secure your spot.

· Please ensure that you are in a private and quiet location for the duration of the study.

Session Dial-in Instructions:

Five minutes before your session time, be sure to be in front of your computer connected to high-speed internet with your webcam ready to go.
Your session will be hosted online via BlueJeans.
Please copy & paste the link https://bluejeans.com/248071680 to your browser to access the BlueJeans session. Please do not access the above link until your session time.
Using BlueJeans will not require you to download a program, but if you are using Google Chrome as your browser, you will need to install the Blue Jeans Meeting extension for your session.
Please take a few minutes to download the extension prior to your session by accessing this link using Chrome: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... cngdlcidgn

Other useful information:

As thanks for participating, you will receive a $80 Facebook Research e-Reward. You can expect the reward code to be emailed to you at this address within 2 business days of your completed session and will come directly from rewards@perks.com.
Facebook takes your privacy very seriously and will never use any of your information for purposes other than research.

Please don't hesitate to email me if you have any questions. We look forward to meeting you!

Esha

Esha R

Research Participant Recruiter | UX Research Participant Management
1 Rathbone Square, London, W1T 1FB
Facebook | Mobile +44 7767 004582

Err, what's the Blue Jeans Meeting extension? Is it a bit like Zoom? No time to wonder, Esha gets in touch from Echosign. No idea what this is, some part of Adobe? I thought Facebook would have had their own verification thingy but it looks legit.
Esha Rupani <echosign@echosign.com>
Tue, 29 Jun, 14:31
to me

Esha Rupani requests your signature on
Research Participant Agreement
Review and sign
Please review and sign the RPA anytime before your study session.
ESHA RUPANI

esharu@fb.com

After you sign Research Participant Agreement, all parties will receive a final PDF copy by email. By proceeding, you agree that this agreement may be signed using electronic or handwritten signatures. To ensure that you continue receiving our emails, please add echosign@echosign.com to your address book or safe list. © 2021 Adobe. All rights reserved.

I watched the footie last night, might have had a beer or two, so I didn't sign with Echosign, but thank goodness that Esha has sent a reminder so I don't miss out.

Reminder: Waiting for you to sign Research Participant Agreement
Esha Rupani <echosign@echosign.com>
09:05
to me

Please sign Research Participant Agreement

Click here to review and sign Research Participant Agreement.

After you sign Research Participant Agreement, all parties will receive a final PDF copy by email.

Esha Rupani has requested that this reminder be sent.

It seems like a lot of trouble, wouldn't it be easier for Facebook to use Facebook for the session? For that matter why did they email me instead of using Facebook? 1st world problems, I bet they don't worry about these trivialities in downtown Delhi.

But still, it's back up to $80 again! What's not to like for this simple Yorkshireman?

It's 11:28am... logging on....
Paultheparaglider wrote:
eltonioni wrote: What's not to like for this simple Yorkshireman?

If only they had known that in advance, they could have reeled you in for a lot less than $80. :wink:

My value has always been underappreciated. I had lunch with Nick Clegg in 2009 and look where that got him! Maybe it was his way of saying thank you.
By GrahamB
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
eltonioni wrote:My value has always been underappreciated. I had lunch with Nick Clegg in 2009 and look where that got him! Maybe it was his way of saying thank you.

That reminds of the joke (now a bit dated) about Hilary Clinton at the petrol station, when she stops late one night to fill up.

The chap behind the counter says 'Hi Hilary, it's Joe, remember me from Grade School? If you'd had your first kiss with me rather than Bill, you would have been a gas station attendant's wife rather than First Lady!'

She replies 'No, Joe, if we'd had that kiss, you'd have been President'.
Charles Hunt, Pete L, Aerials and 2 others liked this