For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By Spooky
PeteSpencer wrote:Matt is the greatest

We bought a signed print of a very apposite reference to COVID vaccination in the early months of the second lockdown .

Lifted our spirits a treat .

I liked his “when we are back in class, how do we mute the teacher?” :lol:
johnm liked this
By kanga
Sooty25 wrote:We could've taken turns,..playing with the canon!

I thought that this sort of thing was now deprecated among the clergy .. :wink:
Charles Hunt, johnm, Flyingfemme and 1 others liked this
Propwash wrote:If I had a pound coin for every weekend day that I spent overseeing marches protesting over just about everything under the Sun, often events thousands of miles away from these shores and of no interest or relevance to the majority here, I would be a very rich man.

PW

Let me see now. 2 weekend days a week. 50 weeks a year. A 40 year career.

That would be £4,000 at best.

PS It is raining here. :wink:
johnm liked this
By johnm
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
As I have noted before, non-violent protest is very important but it is difficult to stop the thugs spoiling for a fight infiltrating any demonstration.

It is also important to take a global view and where issues are far away, we should be seeking to get our government to trigger or support UN action and if that implies protest here, that's absolutely fine.
flybymike liked this
There is a substantial financial cost to the public purse in large scale demonstrations. Those who support constant protests about events over which this country has no control and in which most of its citizens have no interest, cannot then legitimately complain about cutbacks elsewhere in public spending. Public protest is part of democracy, but like everything else, too much of a good thing can be harmful.

PW
By riverrock
The protestors know, that because a protest happens every week, it is no longer news.
So a few people need to get arrested to make it news. Its just a case of who is going to get arrested this week.

Otherwise the most reporting a protest will get is within a traffic report unless its a new subject.
By flybymike
Trent772 wrote:And the protests this weekend at Batley and Spen went unreported on the telly welly.

100 plus Coppers and horses and vans etc........

Strange.

None of this appeared on mainstream television news reports of the day either.