For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By johnm
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Broad beans, our veggie patch only has one row though, it's a bit smaller than that..... :D
kanga liked this
By Rob P
Field beans, a combinable crop headed for animal feed

The Farmer will be along shortly to give you the correct answer.

Rob P
Cessna571, TheFarmer liked this
By PeteSpencer
Thread drift:
Does anybody remember/have a link to an excellent series of images of crop identification from the air at different times of the year , from about ten years ago?

I think it was put together for/by glider pilots....
By PeteSpencer
Yep: That's the one:
Thanks very much:

First time it appeared I had many a pleasant E Anglian bimble trying to identify crops:
But with abs no chance of verifying my identification guesses.....

It was about the time when I got the aerial archeology bug from a mate who has a Roman road/villa footprint in his back garden>

It was during a long hot summer about ten years ago: His house was in the Wattisham MATZ and we exasperated the controllers on several days orbiting and photographing his house.....

The outlines of historical stuff in parched soil/crops was truly staggering. :wink:
PeteSpencer wrote:Thread drift:
Does anybody remember/have a link to an excellent series of images of crop identification from the air at different times of the year , from about ten years ago?

I think it was put together for/by glider pilots....

Thank you for the kind words. That is an archived version of my crop identification aid for glider pilots.

Scarily, It is nearer twenty years ago though ... hence the miniscule image file sizes, more suited to dial up connection of the day.

PS
As Rob P says, the OP crop is field beans.