For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By PeteSpencer
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Fascinating stuff on FR24 ATM

Two typhoons have been holding at FL 27 andFL 28 just of the Cornishcoast at St Ives for well over 2 hours

Reds over half an hour late. Now a voyager has just joined them, I guess to refuel.

Presumably the RAF has to provide top cover H24 while so many bigwigs in Falmouth .?

There were a clutch of V22 Ospreys too.

Time for garden watering now…,, :roll:
By CloudHound
So kicking off the last day and discussions about the climate emergency.

With xR and all the rest watching what did the host put on?

A smokey BBQ
The smokey Reds

:roll: :lol:
By GAFlyer4Fun
Flying_john wrote:What a waste of fuel !!

Surely a drop in the ocean for the annual fuel expenditure of any Nato country?

A lot of products are imported by sea/air to the UK but the general population is generally oblivious to the fuel requirements of anything other than the family car or a motorbike.... although I get the impression the greens are generally trying to assert anything aviation is not green.... until they want to go on the family holiday abroad and that gets conveniently overlooked.
:wink:

I work from home so my carbon footprint from motoring and aviation is relatively low compared to a neighbour that seems to feel the need to go to every cafe in several counties spread across England lest she or offspring get bored or the dog gets bored with the same scenery.

Its all relative and eco principles can be a matter of convenience as per the above example where neighbour reasonably thinks they have an entitlement to enjoy life despite all the driving done to achieve it by far exceeding my own carbon/fossil fuel consumption by road and air.
I must be doing something wrong!
:wink:
tr7v8 liked this