For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By PeteSpencer
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Following our Border Force inspection visit we are told we have to have a yellow 'C' sign by June 2022 with somewhere for visitors to sign in.
At the time I looked it up and found an image of the black 'C' in a yellow square complete with dimensions and widths of the 'C' arms

I forgot to bookmark it and got sidetracked .

I now can't find the 'kin image anywhere and have spent over an hour googling and stuff.

Can any kind forumite help me out with a copy/link to this image please?
: The obvious place is the CAA website but I'm just not hitting the right buttons.

TIA Peter :wink:
By Rob P
Reminds me of an H&S inspection in the early days of my company.

"Can I see your accident book?"

"Umm.. We don't have one"

"It's mandatory"

"OK, well get one"

Being an ad agency it was rapidly filled with paper cuts, hangovers, funny bone incidents, fingers nipped by ring binders and a lot more that time has erased from memory.

Rob P
Kittyhawk liked this
By johnm
[pedant] 90 asylum seekers/refugees, by definition illegal immigrants are invisible and unknown [/pedant]
kanga, NickS liked this
By Propwash
johnm wrote:[pedant] 90 asylum seekers/refugees, by definition illegal immigrants are invisible and unknown [/pedant]

[counter pedantry] Except that is not quite right. I have in a past life dealt with lots of illegal immigrants who were neither invisible nor unknown. There is nothing in the definition of illegal immigrant that says the entry has to be covert or the individual has to remain hidden. The only requirement is that they enter illegally or overstay a legal permission to stay. [/counter pedantry]
:wink:

PW
thebloke, Flyin'Dutch' liked this
By nallen
@PeteSpencer If you (or anyone else) would like that C sign drawn up and supplied as a PDF, to take to your nearest sign printer (or sent to online sign-making service), I should be able to knock one up.
By Rob P
Paul_Sengupta wrote:I'm pretty sure building a control tower to put it on would need planning permission.

It's a thought though. The Masters of the Air replica at Abingdon will probably be available when filming finishes.

Rob P
By FlightDek
Make sure it's visible. When learning to fly I had a landaway to Blackpool. Neither my instructor nor I could see the "C". Turns out they'd parked the fuel truck in front of it :roll: