For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By kanga
PeteSpencer wrote:..
Many years ago Keef named our strip LKI or London Knettishall International and that name stuck for many years …..,, :lol:

I wasn't aware it had ever unstuck :)

[my only visit was for a List fly-in in 2002; doesn't seem that long ago .. :?

My attempts at persuading MP3 to change Staverton to 'Cheltenham Gustav Holst International', if only for the Cheltenham Music Festival weeks, to illustrate our cultural superiority to 'Liverpool John Lennon' (unnecessarily replacing 'Speke'), failed, for some reason :wink: ]
Rob P liked this
By PeteSpencer
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
I'm struggling to find a sign maker who can make me 2 metre square 'C' sign: Its just too big for little local Pronta-type outfitswho can only offer joined bits:

Its too windswept to risk joins.

Must be metal for mounting between 2no 4x4 posts

Has anybody had to order a sign of similar dimensions recently?
By Rob P
In another life I have used Impress Express in Mildenhall, but more often for corporate clothing than signage, so no particular recommendation other than they are local and always did a good job, and to deadline.

http://www.impressexpress.co.uk/gallery

Rob P
By low&slow
Seriously? 2 metre x 2 metre? That might be suitable for sticking on the side of a control tower at Heathrow but is overkill for a small grass airfield. CAP 168 is for licenced airfields, I can't recall ever seeing anything that size at an unlicenced strip.
By PeteSpencer
Thanks guys: Yes 2 x 2 M did seem a bit big: I have requested smaller frame but keeping lettering size.

Problem is the only place suitable the sign is at the far end of the strip by our hangar (where the new 'signing in' book will be), so it's got to be easily visible from half a mile away....................

Border Force directions are costing us a fortune but if we want to be able to fly direct to Le Touquet we've got to jump through some hoops..................

If it's an arm and a leg, then its a bit of truck panelling and a paintbrush from my neighbour's truck repair business..... :roll:
Flyingfemme liked this
By nallen
@PeteSpencer Did you get the 1.5 × 1.5 m one I sent (after the 2 m one)? I maintained the size of the C and trimmed the excess fat off the edge. Further tweaks available on request …
By PeteSpencer
nallen wrote:@PeteSpencer Did you get the 1.5 × 1.5 m one I sent (after the 2 m one)? I maintained the size of the C and trimmed the excess fat off the edge. Further tweaks available on request …

Yep @nallen , I’ve asked for a quote for both 2M and 1.5 M trimmed edge so we’ll see what turns up.

I think size of C will have to stay for reasons given. :wink: