For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By GrahamB
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
townleyc wrote:It does seem crazy that such a sign is required at a small private strip

Isn't this just red tape?

KE

Now there's a thought.

When @PeteSpencer gets his new sign, he should tie it up with red tape.
Rob P, JAFO, kanga and 1 others liked this
By nallen
I was slightly bored on Saturday, so I whittled electrons to produce a "C" sign to CAA spec. (The spec is a bit of a ramshackle mixture of elements -- e.g. the background colour is BS Golden Yellow, which is fine for an artisan signwriter with a paintbrush but means sod all to a printer, whether digital or litho.)

Anyway, PDF free to a good home if anyone needs one …
By PeteSpencer
nallen wrote:I was slightly bored on Saturday, so I whittled electrons to produce a "C" sign to CAA spec. (The spec is a bit of a ramshackle mixture of elements -- e.g. the background colour is BS Golden Yellow, which is fine for an artisan signwriter with a paintbrush but means sod all to a printer, whether digital or litho.)

Anyway, PDF free to a good home if anyone needs one …

Yes please I’ll pm an email address :wink:
By PeteSpencer
riverrock wrote:I assume it's so border force know where to report to, as they won't remember details of every strip.

They also want somewhere out of the elements where they can quiz pax and inspect luggage in privacy . :roll:

As well as a log/record of all flights to and from the strip including locals .

I realise every strip does this but our strip
has managed without for over half a century .
By Rob P
PeteSpencer wrote:
They also want somewhere out of the elements where they can quiz pax and inspect luggage in privacy

It looks like the yellow C will have to go onto the wall of The Swan at Coney Weston.

Could be worse. :D

Rob P
Flyin'Dutch' liked this
By chevvron
CloudHound wrote:Some control towers I’ve visited have had a big “C” at the top :roll:

The 'C' is for a 'admin reporting point' not for a 'control tower' or FISO tower.
In some places this is the same place but in other cases eg Blackbushe it is quite separate.
By Tall_Guy_In_a_PA28
townleyc wrote:It does seem crazy that such a sign is required at a small private strip

KE

To be honest, it seems like a proportionate response by BF now that Pete is operating an international airport, post BREXIT.
Flyin'Dutch', kanga liked this
By PeteSpencer
Tall_Guy_In_a_PA28 wrote:

KE

To be honest, it seems like a proportionate response by BF now that Pete is operating an international airport, post BREXIT.

Many years ago Keef named our strip LKI or London Knettishall International and that name stuck for many years …..,, :lol:
eltonioni liked this
By chevvron
PeteSpencer wrote:
Many years ago Keef named our strip LKI or London Knettishall International and that name stuck for many years …..,, :lol:

I always assumed 'LKI' stood for 'Blackbushe International'. :twisted:
By Tall_Guy_In_a_PA28
PeteSpencer wrote:
Tall_Guy_In_a_PA28 wrote:<snip>

I recalled that (with a smile) while typing so added the 'post BREXIT', as you have been international for many years 'pre-BREXIT' :wink: