For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By JonathanB
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
I'm pondering buying a GoPro to strap to my chest for my upcoming wingwalking experience, but it's quite an expense for just that purpose. Does anyone have any experience of using one as a webcam input for Zoom/OBS? Or have any other recommendations? I might also use it in the future on my bike if I ever get out cycling again!
By PeteSpencer
I bought my grandson a GoPro 7 for chest mounting on his cycling off road/ trail stuff.
The images even translated to a 46 inch TV screen were mind blowing: I had to go off and throw up half way through watching:

Not really.... :wink:

But I got howled down on another GoPro thread for saying that there are some excellent bargains to be had if you don't automatically go for the top of the range model, so I won't say any more except to say my GoPro Hero5Black is the D's Bs..... :roll:
By JonathanB
Although the deal on the Hero 9 is pretty good on their website at the moment.
By JonathanB
Thanks folks! Still tempted to get one as I like a gadget… :lol:
Mike Tango, AndyR liked this
By JAFO
If you're not sure how much you'll use it, get a slightly older one off eBay from someone who upgrades every five minutes. They still do a pretty brilliant job in my experience.
By Flasheart
JonathanB wrote:Thanks folks! Still tempted to get one as I like a gadget… :lol:

I was in a very similar position a few years back on this very topic. Needed an action cam to record some underwater stuff so went for a GoPro session.

Since then I've used it much more than I ever thought. It's become my motorcycle/ flying/ driving/ tennis/ holiday recording device of choice. So when you do get off the fence and get one; you won't regret it! :thumleft:
By JonathanB
Oh no, I was just persuading myself to borrow one... :lol:
JAFO liked this
By JonathanB
Thanks to Mike Tango for lending me his GoPro Hero 7 Black.

Does anyone have any advice on the best settings to use? I'm guessing with 16:9, 1080 @ 50fps, Wide FOV, Auto Low light, Auto Stabilization and Protune off?
Mike Tango liked this