For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By Rob P
Charles Hunt wrote:Lying in bed with a bad back again, thinking I should have a Ducati before it's too late,

What's to think about?

Just do it FFS!

Rob P
townleyc, Nick liked this
AndyR wrote:And then your back will ache like it’s never ached before :D :lol:

....but it'll be worth it.

Interestingly I find it less stressful riding a 'bike quickly than driving a car.

My assumption is that in a car, cornering G creates a shear force at the base of the spine which tries to separate my floppy upper body from my derriere which is held by the seat.

In contrast, leaning with the bike the G force is translated into an axial load which I seem better able to manage.
Charles Hunt wrote:
Lying in bed with a bad back again, thinking I should have a Ducati before it's too late, I came upon the video above.

Simply stunning, and I've still got 7 years to run before I reach his age.

I’ve had four Ducati, what are you waiting for? In their current range they have a suitable bike for pretty much anybody.

Then you can pencil in the trip to Bologna for factory tour and museum visit, done that twice, and maybe even a trip to World Ducati Week.

If you’re in the Bologna area you are in Motor Valley… visit and tour Ferrari, Lamborghini, Pagani and more. Time it when the EICMA (quite possibly the world’s biggest) bike show is on and take a trip up to Milan for it and also visit the Alfa Romeo museum, it’s quite stunning, then go for a walk on the historic banking at Monza.

Seriously, what are you waiting for, as well as getting an excellent bike it’s also potentially entry to a wondrous Italian automotive world!

p.s. good video :D
By skydriller
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
On my bucket list (and which would have happened last year if C19 hadnt dented the finances) was to take my big boys toy home to Stuttgart, visit the museum, and then on to Nurburgring for a real workout, visiting my GFs boys at the same time...

If you have the opportunity, do it!!

Regards, SD..
tr7v8 liked this
Picked up my new Triumph Street Triple R last Saturday - 60th birthday present.

But tonight I'll be out on my GSX-R 750 SRAD.......probably have to have an ibuprofen before and after (I'm OK for 50 miles but braking makes the wrists ache).

Test ridden 7 or 8 bikes in last six weeks, Ducati 937 Monster next week.
A visit to the motorcycle museum in Invercargil NZ, where they have just about every British motorbike ever made, just shows how much we have lost to the competition.
Spooky liked this
By Rob P
Bill McCarthy wrote: ... shows how much we have lost to the competition.

Similarly at the motorcycle museum at Meriden (If it is still there?). The British bikes arranged in timeline order enable a 'walk past' of development.

But it also shows that the British bike industry just wasn't keeping up with what the consumer wanted.

Rob P