For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By Bill McCarthy
I had noticed that over the last five or six years weather patterns have become more predictable in the spring. Low pressure zones sit further south rather than off the Outer Hebrides, and once there we expect weeks of north easterly / easterly winds. North easterlies were a rare event up here. With it comes bitterly cold winds and drought. I was out breaking in ground for a grass reseed over the weekend and the earth was bone dry deep down. The grass is now in, fertilised added and rolled, just in time for a welcome deluge this morning, very cold mind you - and the lambs are not used to it, for a change.
johnm, rikur_, Flyin'Dutch' liked this
By skydriller
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
The weather here this last month in SW France is the weather we usually get in March. Climate "change" may well be a thing, but "warming" certainly isnt happening this year.

I am of the belief that weather is cyclic. One (enjoyable) way you can verify this is by looking back at the history of wine quality for this region.

Generally any year ending in 7 is a bad year since the 70s.
Generally any year ending in 0 or 5 is a good year since the 70s.
The rest are somewhere between the two, usually a 6 or 4 being above average and 3 being below average.

Regards, SD.. :drunken:
johnm, JAFO liked this