For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By PeteSpencer
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
What a bleedin’ joke.!

At least Graham Norton was more restrained than the late Terry Wogan ….. :wink:

There really is no point in the UK entering in future. :lol:
By Flyin'Dutch'
Been glued to the tube all evening!*

Netherlands got 0 votes from the public, not sure if the 3 points Germany managed to get were from the public or the professional jury.

Another 365 sleeps until the next time.

Can't wait.

*are there really people who can stand the ESC?
By johnm
Never seen it, mostly because I've heard some of the entries on the car radio :roll:
By skydriller
PeteSpencer wrote:At least Graham Norton was more restrained than the late Terry Wogan ….. :wink:

Am I the only one that finds Graham Norton's way of presenting highly irritating?
townleyc liked this
By ROG
SKYDRILLER-agree with you--can"t stand him-turn tele off if he appears.
Just watched the"winning song"!!!!!!!! What a load of rubbish-if that was the winning song --gawd knows what the others were like. Lots of tattood fat ladies presented it -sung ? by some guy who had his name tattoode on him in case he forgot it.
He"d also forgotten to put his shirt on.
Time to give it a painless death.
By johnm
Eurovision song contest was originally part of the relationship building after WW2 (as was the EU) and it was also designed to test the live broadcasting capability of the time. What it is for now is beyond my capacity to understand... :roll:
By Rob P
skydriller wrote:Am I the only one that finds Graham Norton's way of presenting highly irritating?

I find his giggling camp persona very dated, we left "Julian and Sandy" behind a long time ago, but I have to confess one or two of his comments made me laugh.

The French girl should have walked it had it really been a 'song' contest, she was the only one I could imagine wanting to hear more from.

Italy had a ringer. Surely that was Suzi Quatro?

Harmless froth.

Rob P
By PeteSpencer
Only way to have a cat in hell’s chance of winning is to have screaming rockers /heavy metal or to field young persons of the female persuasion with big tits :roll:

I love it.

I watch it for the laughs and the dead certainties every year Cyprus giving max points to Greece and vice versa, the Baltic countries all voting for each other, the Scandis all voting for each other and the entire caboodle hating the Brits :lol:

Graham Norton was right on point : Terry Wogan in his final Eurovision was downright offensive -with good reason I might add :wink:
'Waterloo' was the only high spot in the Eurovision Song Contest since Sandie Shaw's 'Puppet on a String'. But since then, the only good point about the contest, apart from the stunning Riverdance performance at Dublin in 1994, is the Eurovision theme tune - Marc-Antoine Charpentier's Te Deum prelude!
Last edited by nickwilcock on Sun May 23, 2021 11:44 am, edited 2 times in total.