For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
For we tech incompetents what NHS app is this?

I did receive something a while back that said it would give access to my full medical history, but I fell at the first hurdle of the registration process.

Edit - Seem to have found the App, another try to register, another fail :( There is an option to obtain a letter confirming vaccination status by dialling 119 (why are those digits familiar?) but lines not active for another hour.
By PeteSpencer
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
I checked it out after reading this thread.
I signed up yesterday evening and by midnight my identity was confirmed and the app validated .( not 7 days).

I now have official confirmation including dates make and batch numbers of my two vaccinations.

Seems a valuable asset and links me directly to my GP surgery and my medical notes . :wink:

As well as giving me the ability directly to order repeat prescriptions etc.

So long as you know your NHS number , can think of a password and are capable of taking a photo of your driving licence it’s a piece of pi ss to register. :wink:

( Find it as ‘NHS App’ in App Store)
Last edited by PeteSpencer on Tue May 18, 2021 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
2Donkeys liked this
By RayP
I downloaded the app and completed all of the registration details and then it asked for a photo of my passport and took multi-coloured pictures of my face. It then said that it would take a week to validate my identity with a note underneath saying that they were experiencing high demand and it would be delayed.
Strangely, when my wife signed up, it didn't ask for the passport or take pictures and she got immediate access to her records.
Was I just (un)lucky?
PeteSpencer wrote:So long as you know your NHS number , can think of a password and are capable of taking a photo of your driving licence it’s a piece of pi ss to register. :wink:

Whilst I possibly qualify on a good day, there is still much to be confused about. My NHS GP surgery wants us to use an app called SystmOnline for prescriptions and appointments, my (internet based) prescription supplier has another app (Pharmacy2U), and SystmOnline also wants me to use an app called AirMid.

In addition to the three above, I also have the NHS-COVID-19 app, and now they want me to install a fifth one...

EDITED TO ADD ... And not to forget the patientsknowbest website #6
Ah that was it. What I was trying to do wanted a photo of my driving licence. I couldn't get a brilliant image off the computer but certainly legible to a human eye. "Computer says no........"

At least a phone call, navigating a curious series of options, and speaking to a human being has a vaccination status letter being progressed.
By johnm
Because I use my GP's on-line services for Hay Fever repeat prescriptions I was already known to the system and so getting the app and registering was straightforward and I now have it running. I'll wait to see if it's useful.....
By PeteSpencer
Charles Hunt wrote:Ah that was it. What I was trying to do wanted a photo of my driving licence. I couldn't get a brilliant image off the computer but certainly legible to a human eye. "Computer says no........"

At least a phone call, navigating a curious series of options, and speaking to a human being has a vaccination status letter being progressed.

I took a photo of my driving licence from the same phone I was registering on: it then asked me to hold the phone up
to my face selfie style while it scanned my mug. Then a few bright colour flashes and job done .

(I am like Col Panic in the system for prescriptions online so that may have smoothed the process but I can now get repeats from my phone without needing to fire up the computer.
By rikur_
Colonel Panic wrote:Whilst I possibly qualify on a good day, there is still much to be confused about. My NHS GP surgery wants us to use an app called SystmOnline for prescriptions and appointments, my (internet based) prescription supplier has another app (Pharmacy2U), and SystmOnline also wants me to use an app called AirMid.

I agree with the sentiment - albeit as far as I can tell, my surgery uses SystmOnline but I now access that via the NHS app, and no longer need to access it directly.
I *think* that's the intention that eventually the NHS app will be the portal to the myriad of systems used by the NHS.
Colonel Panic liked this
By nallen
Should I be disappointed or relieved that it didn't ask me for a photo? (I installed and set up the app late last night -- it just wanted my NHS number in addition to email, date of birth, etc.)
By Jim Jones
I've been using NHS app for repeat prescriptions for a while. It just asked for ,y permissions re howing vaccination status, I can now show the dates of my jabs and a QR code.

I need a medication review for my meds this time, I've requested one, (there is a box to tick) but not heard. I usually have a blood test as part of his process., which, as far as know. cannot be done remotely.
By Mike Tango
Jim Jones wrote:I need a medication review for my meds this time, I've requested one, (there is a box to tick) but not heard. I usually have a blood test as part of his process., which, as far as know. cannot be done remotely.

The chips in the covid vaccine will still be scanning your body, once that's complete the process will be automated and they'll report home routing via all the various big tech, pharma and of course governments (both known and shadow) and a new prescription will be waiting for you before you even knew it was needed.

Sorted!