For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By nallen
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Slight thread drift: my nephew sent me a photo the other day showing that the millimeter markings on his carpentry square and his tape measure were out by c. 1.8mm at 300mm -- which could be enough to spoil your day depending on what you were doing.
By avtur3
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
OK folks ...here we go ... I'm sure that many of you thought I was being quite stupid, over dramatic about this subject .... so let me provide a real world example of 'what I'm on about' and maybe you'll change your mind ...

This image is a typical measuring situation that I encounter dozens (may be hundreds) of time per day ... which rule would you prefer????
Charliesixtysix liked this
nallen wrote:Slight thread drift: my nephew sent me a photo the other day showing that the millimeter markings on his carpentry square and his tape measure were out by c. 1.8mm at 300mm -- which could be enough to spoil your day depending on what you were doing.

I once came across a freebie/promotional rule that was just completely wrong, way out, and no correlation between imperial and metric scales. Still, I am sure it was quality assured.