For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
Blimey, if it causes you all THAT much angst I'll unlock it again.

Then you can repeat stuff over and over, and be rude to each other, to your hearts' content* in that thread.

If you do that in other threads, don't complain if normal service gets resumed and locking reappears.

*Actually, you can't. Limits apply.
Flyin'Dutch' wrote:Judge, jury and executor..

I wasn’t going to comment, but since you asked:

In answer to your subsequent post ‘executioner’ is the only option here given your intended ,albeit cynical , meaning .

Executor has a quite different and non- lethal meaning in modern parlance, referring to the secondary meaning of ‘execute’ used in legal jargon of ‘to carry out ‘ . :wink:
Flyin'Dutch' liked this
Paultheparaglider wrote:
Dave W wrote:don't complain if normal service gets resumed and locking reappears.

I did my first glider flights at Locking. I'd love to see it back.

That is, if you consider a Kirby Cadet Mk 3 to actually be a glider. I've known bricks fall to earth slower. :wink:

That would be "just another brick in a fall?"

...ahhh, now that Pink Floyd lyric makes so much more sense!

...although even with my limited flight experience - having flown a few a/c that had - according the FI on the day - the "glide dynamics of lead-wrapped brick", and having done PFLs in same, it's kinda hard to argue....
Flyin'Dutch' liked this
Flyin'Dutch' wrote:@kanga Executor or is only Executioner acceptable?

Chambers confirms:

Executor: 'someone who performs an action, especially someone appointed by a testator to see a Will carried into effect'

Executioner: 'a person who executes ['performs, gives effect to, ..puts to death by law, ..' ], especially one who carries out a death sentence'

So theoretically they are basically interchangeable, but each has a different special meaning which is now the commonest
Flyin'Dutch' liked this
It was indeed. In 1974 in my case. I guess it isn't much of a surprise that things have changed a bit since then.

It was also just a short hike to Banwell where I experienced my first taste of scrumpy. The instructor called it Gorilla's armpit, and as we found out the following morning it was an apt description as that was how it left your mouth.

I still pass by occasionally on the motorbike.