For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By Boxkite
I would have said Sudocrem rather than Vaseline as that's what the nurse put on my wife's leg when she burned it on my motorcycle exhaust :oops:
But maybe that's more suitable for unbroken skin, and it's quite thick so could be too painful to apply to broken skin.
By PeteSpencer
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
When I worked in A & E all those years ago we had some natty stuff called ‘N for Burns’-an aerosol spray sprayed directly on the burn which left a ‘skin’ . It was pH adjusted and didn’t sting It could be ‘topped up ‘ at will .

I wonder it it’s still available . :wink:
By Paul_Sengupta
I used to like that stuff as a little kid. As we had the surgery attached to the house, I knew what all the stuff was and what it did...especially as my friend Fiona kept injuring herself and I kept patching her up in the surgery (out of hours!). That spray was interesting, you could spray it on, wait a few seconds for it to set, then peel it off. I believe you could use it for grazes and things as well, though that may have just been me...
By Genghis the Engineer
Rob L wrote:
* A friend of mine had a more serious injury circa 14 months ago (just at the start of the first lockdown) involving a table saw and the loss of all four fingers of one hand. The use of a pack of frozen peas followed by a quick trip to hospital (and then many more) aided three of the severed fingers to be re-attached(with success but some level of subsequent disability of course).

Good and well done all concerned.

I believe I've heard suggestion that cold milk is even more effective, or is that just for teeth that have been knocked out?

G
By PeteSpencer
Genghis the Engineer wrote:
I believe I've heard suggestion that cold milk is even more effective, or is that just for teeth that have been knocked out?

G

Only works for milk teeth :lol: