For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
Rob P wrote:@Colonel Panic

That is simply brilliant!

Pondering this further I find it isn't unusual for a modern performance car to stop from 60 mph (not 50 mph) in 30 yards or so. It shows how progress has been made since the days of drum brakes and skinny crossply tyres.

Rob P

142yds is my 30mph stopping distance in the Series 1 Landy - but does rely on zero thinking time allowance and a firm pull on the steering wheel...
Rob P liked this
By Rob L
Charliesixtysix wrote:142yds is my 30mph stopping distance in the Series 1 Landy - but does rely on zero thinking time allowance and a firm pull on the steering wheel...

(My bold) makes me think straight away of the Hudson ditching
By Rob P
That outperforms my Ferret (7.5 tons and unassisted drum brakes) by a considerable margin.

The driver's seat backrest needed a visit to the workshop for straightening at frequent intervals from the nearly fully-reclined format it assumed after heavy braking.

Rob P
By johnm
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Rob L wrote:
Charliesixtysix wrote:142yds is my 30mph stopping distance in the Series 1 Landy - but does rely on zero thinking time allowance and a firm pull on the steering wheel...

Do you stick your boot out of the door and drag it along the tarmac :D
In our local rag today, the Highland council, after being swamped by road pothole complaints sent their “Highland Roads Inspector” up north to sort us out. His vehicle had to be recovered after hitting....... a pothole. It would seem, by the looks of things, that they are not interested in filling in anything under eight inches deep.
riverrock liked this