For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
Paultheparaglider wrote:
Sooty25 wrote:
I'd then have the problem of stopping her big brother stealing the Harley!

Brother's not a biker then? :wink:

My son has been working with Harley doing their commercial videography for the last couple of years. He's become a "follower". Even his dog has a Harley Davidson collar! :lol: It's only impending marriage and mortgage that has stopped him buying, so if there was one in the garage, it would need chaining down!
Paultheparaglider liked this
Sooty25 wrote:
Paultheparaglider wrote:
Sooty25 wrote:
I'd then have the problem of stopping her big brother stealing the Harley!

Brother's not a biker then? :wink:

My son has been working with Harley doing their commercial videography for the last couple of years. He's become a "follower". Even his dog has a Harley Davidson collar! :lol: It's only impending marriage and mortgage that has stopped him buying, so if there was one in the garage, it would need chaining down!

Hmmm.... You're presumably British, so why not Norton or Triumph? I'm a Triumph person myself, even though I sold my bike last year since I didn't ride it enough to warrant the yearly expenses. Yes: there are Swedish motorbikes, but they're mostly enduro and cross, neither of which is for me.
By T6Harvard
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
I'm late to this party but may I add some suggestions if not,too late!?

My friends have kids in their early 20's who have had lockdown birthdays and the choice of party has often been to hire a garden jacuzzi and have a beach theme with cocktails and food of choice. The small number of guests suddenly becomes appropriate and not like a punishment. Easy to put lots of thought into making it look great.
There could be an associated present in the form of a home made gift certificate for future use, eg, a promise to pay for a weekend break for her and a friend, or for concert tkts etc.

As a physical gift of small cost but great value I'd suggest a small cuddly toy. Small so she can take it with her on her travels, have it with her when she leaves home etc.
My Dad never got involved in choosing presents but a few years ago we adult kids and our families all got together with my parents and had a week in a cottage. On one of our outings he spotted me looking at a small toy and offered to buy it for me. Of course I treasure it!

As you know, it's the memories you make, often brought to mind by a small, lasting gift, that you will both treasure.
skydriller, kanga liked this
having had to stand and watch her struggle through Wednesday, tough day for all of us, the mood was a little brighter at this mornings Birthday breakfast.

The watch option is probably going to wait for her 30th.

Out of the other options offered, it's got twisted into a Dad and Daughter car shopping expedition. I sense this is going to hurt!
Paultheparaglider, Flyingfemme, JAFO and 2 others liked this
Sooty25 wrote:
Out of the other options offered, it's got twisted into a Dad and Daughter car shopping expedition. I sense this is going to hurt!

Happy 21st to your daughter.

By the way, I hope you are both of the same mind on your above statement. It could mean you are taking her shopping in the car, but it could also mean you are taking her shopping FOR a car. A watch might have been a cheaper option. :wink:
T6Harvard liked this