For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By HedgeSparrow
Sadly Quark went to the Great Nest In The Sky shortly before Christmas. After a suitable period of mourning his place has been taken by a young enthusiastic singer which we call Sooty.
By OCB

This is Annie, just about to attempt a raid on my kitchen - with my Border Collie looking on uselessly in the background.

This is Annie and 2 of her 3 sisters, staging a “how dare you close the garden door and stop Annie raiding the kitchen” protest.

Sister #4 couldn’t join in, as she was forced (by Annie) into “egg sitting” duty as usual…

I honestly never thought having chickens would be so amusing!

They’re grumpy as hell just now, as they are in avian flu confinement…and oh do they let me know they aren’t happy!
HedgeSparrow, T6Harvard liked this
By Milty
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Staverton Flying School has a Robin (feathered variety) that comes and taps at the window for food. A lesson was recently paused as the priority was giving some broken up crackers to the Robin before we left - fair play as far as I'm concerned, it's needs were greater than mine. Apparently, he's (or she's or even they) is known at a number of the schools around the airport. I often wonder if birds look upon us as aviators and wonder why we make such a fuss about getting into the air?
By akg1486
OCB wrote:I honestly never thought having chickens would be so amusing!

Nice photos! My parents have had chicken for quite a few years now and they're really entertaining to watch.

I learned something new on Christmas: chickens don't go outside if the ground is covered with a smooth layer of snow; it causes them to be confused. According to a neighbour, you can make them come out by sprinkling soot on the snow. Reportedly that creates enough contrast.

From a human point of view, chickens are evil **** who don't shy away from physical abuse and rape. But hey: it's nature!