For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By Fellsteruk
Hi

Anyone know what the current timescales are for the gov.uk site to issue a basic DBS certificate?

Thanks
By Fellsteruk
Thanks yeah it is.

I actually just got an Enhanced DBS for some volunteering I’m doing but for my security pass I noticed they want to keep the DBS cert so I’ve ordered a new “basic” one which I can let them have. Sadly I need my enhanced one for my volunteering as it’s to support the covid vaccine rollout so unable to let the airport keep that.

I guess I should account for a month before it arrives :(
By kanga
Someone I know has just renewed hers (as a volunteer for Witness Support in the Magistrates' Court). The online system is a bit of a hassle (lots of ID stuff to upload), but the confirmation of renewal came back to her (and her 'supervisor') within 24 hours.
By MattL
Demanding to retain someone’s original DBS document is very dodgy - they may ask to see the original but retention? I’d be challenging to see their document retention, security and access control policy and procedures.
By Fellsteruk
They have since confirmed they just need to see it, my wires got crossed initially. I have however wasted 24squid on a new certificate but hey ho :)
By FlightDek
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Fellsteruk

I should have realised and saved you the money. I have a Hawarden pass and they didn't keep my DBS certificate :roll:

I wonder if they've tightened up the pass issue that I pointed out to them? When I got mine I left the paperwork with them for checking and then went back a few days later to have my photo taken and collect the pass.

So they had an application in my name and DBS certificate in my name but didn't check, when I collected it, that the person whose photo was going on the pass matched the person whose details they had checked. Seemed like a bit of a flaw to me. All they had to do was ask to see my passport when they were taking my photo to make sure they were issuing the pass to the right person
By Fellsteruk
No worries, spending money like it’s on fire is part of the hobby ain’t it. :)

Unable to comment on before but security is very tight more so than Liverpool which is my only comparison for bigger airports but I guess airbus being on sight and running the show it makes sense they would be more locked down.

Maybe I’ve watched too many bond movies but I’m sure them massive hangers contain many a secret that mr Boeing wants.... forgive me my mind runs away with itself :)

That said I do hope one day that airbus start offering tours again, would love to see the factory.
By kanga
Fellsteruk wrote:..

Maybe I’ve watched too many bond movies but I’m sure them massive hangers contain many a secret that mr Boeing wants.......

it's the tailoring secrets of those Savile Row DJs, obviously :)
JAFO liked this