For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By johnm
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Finally got a haircut at 0815 this morning. I think this was the first since about October as I cocked up getting to the barber before Christmas. How often do folk normally visit a barber?
By Rob P
Boxkite wrote:Do you begrudge paying £8 towards someone's (lately suffering) livelihood for a better result?

No, but I begrudge the time and inconvenience greatly.

And the result is pretty much identical as I have worn a buzzcut since I gave up going to a 'stylist' a long time ago*. I can perform one of those as well as any barber.

*One of which was the world-famous Bioletti's on Penny Lane :D

Rob P
By Flyingfemme
Mine needs a trim every 4-6 weeks or it gets in my eyes and tangles in my spex. Got the cordless Wahl in Sainsburys last April and have done DH and myself ever since. It ain't perfect but nobody's stared or laughed in the last year.
Hairdressers charge women far more than men - my "trim" generally costs about £25.
By ROG
I was cornered by a sheepdog yesterday--tried to force me into a pen.
Managed to contact my hair chap (billy two rivers) this morning and hope to see him next monday.
By PeteSpencer
johnm wrote:Finally got a haircut at 0815 this morning. I think this was the first since about October as I cocked up getting to the barber before Christmas. How often do folk normally visit a barber?

Mine (of 20 + years) does house calls: I pay well over the odds for the convenience and everybody's happy. :thumleft:

Still much less than 'er indoors pays for a very similar cut at her regular crimper.

Really didn't get on with the Wahl I bought during the first lockdown and swapped it for my son's spare Dremel kit for all those little toy repair jobs piling up in my man-cave..... :wink:
Last edited by PeteSpencer on Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Jim Jones
Had mine today, first this year. I pay£ 8 including beard and eyebrows.

The barber has had all my cash for the last 12 months.
By Sooty25
I'm with @Rob P on this, even down to the same supplier!

But when 70% of your hair has been absent for over a decade, messing about with visits to a barber seem pointless.
JAFO, Flyin'Dutch', Grelly liked this
By Flyin'Dutch'
I am in-between.

Normally I go to the barber once every 6 weeks, beyond that and I need to use a hairbrush.

When either my wife or the youngest are in a particularly good mood I get the clippers out and ask them to do the tidying up bits. To the hard core self-clippers (@Rob P , how do you do the back and sides? Or do you just do a 3mm cut all round?

I am disallowed in the house when I have less than 9mm of covering and at that length the back and sides are too long just to leave it.
T6Harvard liked this