For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By PeteSpencer
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Sir Morley Steven wrote:Jed Mercurio wrote Cardiac Arrest, one of the best things on telly in a long while.

He saw the light and dived out of the NHS just at the right time..,,,., :wink:

I used to work for the Keith Allen character from Bodies in my formative years
By Paul_Sengupta
I tend not to go in for this fiction stuff, too much to remember and too little credibility. I was surprised there's mention of different series, I thought this was something new which started a few weeks ago. Either it's never crossed paths with me before (likely) or I've completely forgotten.

Anyway, I watched about 15 mins of one episode a couple of weeks ago. Saw it wasn't for me then went over to my documentaries which I normally watch.
We are into Series 4 now and it is depressingly below par compared to the earlier seasons and is becoming very repetitive.

My advice to someone new to the series, watch 1 & 2 and then seek out something else. I particularly like the Ben Miller seasons of Death in Paradise, though that might have much to do with Sara Martins.

Rob P
Somehow we'd started on Season 2 and then watched up to date.

Interesting to go back to S1 E1. For a start they all look like young schoolkids, and you see some characters who you'll meet again along the way.

Really like the way that it all started with a (spoiler) undeclared breakfast. Very underplayed with what was to come!
By PeteSpencer
I've never been a fan of joining at series 4 then having hastily to go back through series 1,2,3 to make any sense of the characters.

One notable exception was Game of Thrones, which was recommended to me in series six: Ten minutes and I was hooked, necessitating a trawl back through series 1-5.

Even had to buy the DVD of series 1 as it wasn't available on any of the back ups/box sets/youtube at that time....
PeteSpencer wrote:One notable exception was Game of Thrones, which was recommended to me in series six: Ten minutes and I was hooked, necessitating a trawl back through series 1-5.

Even had to buy the DVD of series 1 as it wasn't available on any of the back ups/box sets/youtube at that time....

Personal tastes in TV are interesting as well as surprising. (I am not a fantasy/SiFi fan but was so hooked by GoT (which I originally only watched because Sean Bean, who I have met, was in it) that I now have the entire box set of DVDs and have re-watched the entire collection during lockdowns - nothing to do with all the nudity. :oops:

As for Line of Duty - I watched part of one episode and quickly decided that it was a stretch of imagination too far removed from any reality I have known to continue. I have been surprised by the amount of praise it has received from critics. :roll: )

Each to their own.

PW
A) I am not in Suffolk

B) maybe you can watch shows like Casualty and not find the distortion between portrayal and reality irritating, but I spend too long identifying all the gross errors in most police shows to enjoy the storyline. Some are worse than others, ( I enjoyed Morse for example even though it took liberties) but Line of Duty I found a step too far. Plenty of other things to watch for me so I give it a swerve. :wink:

PW
Propwash wrote:A) I am not in Suffolk

B) maybe you can watch shows like Casualty and not find the distortion between portrayal and reality irritating, but I spend too long identifying all the gross errors in most police shows to enjoy the storyline. Some are worse than others, ( I enjoyed Morse for example even though it took liberties) but Line of Duty I found a step too far. Plenty of other things to watch for me so I give it a swerve. :wink:

PW

Don’t know where Suffolk came from. :roll:

Casualty used to be good at realistic simulations of procedures, (ER even better). However the soap opera drama elements of the various relationships took it down the route so many have been dragged. The every day story of hospital folk went all Archers.

Line of Duty is a violent Agatha Christie, with red herrings, twists and revelations. I find it great fun.