For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
You can play Repair Shop Bingo though.

"It will mean the world to me" One sip of your tipple of choice
"It is the only thing I have to remember ******* by" One glug of the tipple of choice
Punter in tears - Finish the glass
Jay actually does something constructive - Empty the bottle

Rob P
By Rob P
Well, the end of Series 4 rather caught us by surprise, it all wound up very speedily. Good episode though I'm not sure it was worth sitting through the rest of the episodes in this series for.

Leaving us with the quandary of if it's worth watching season five or not.

There's another "Lake" on Walter Presents. I suggest that'll occupy us for a week or so. All comments on Season 5 welcomed as long as spoiler-free.

Rob P
By kanga
Jim Jones wrote:..
Casualty ... The every day story of hospital folk went all Archers.

Line of Duty is a violent Agatha Christie, with red herrings, twists and revelations. I find it great fun.

ISTR from a few years back that, while The Archers was running its 'Coercive Control as domestic abuse' story to the near exclusion of all other narrative, one of the radio satire shows imagined an agony aunt trying to comfort its 'Agricultural Story Editor' who was wailing that his seasonal inputs were being ignored :)

[I like LoD for the same reasons. I have no means of judging its realism, but one of my Air Cadets joined the Gloucestershire Constabulary, fairly swiftly made DC, then was seconded to Operation Countryman. We had kept in touch, and he came back with harrowing tales :roll: :

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Countryman

In LoD, I do have a sneaking admiration for the succession of deliveries of long lines of script in an uninterrupted long 'take', which must be challenging for actors and producers. It's quite a contrast to typical US-made police dramas, where it often appears that, even in a 'conversation', each short line of dialogue is an isolated 'take' with camera on one actor at a time, with an unknown gap before the 'snappy' response is delivered from the other actor on a different camera]
Your life could depend on this. Don’t blink. Don’t even blink. Blink and you’re dead. They are fast. Faster than you can believe. Don’t turn your back, don’t look away, and don’t blink! Good luck.

Rob
By PeteSpencer
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
I’ve really tried to get into Line of Duty : I recorded all the previous series over the years with a view to watching them . Thought about it again before the new series which I am also recording .

Never watched any of the previous and have even now deleted them to make way for other stuff .

Can’t see myself watching this series either...... :roll:
By PeteSpencer
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Bill McCarthy wrote:I’ve scrubbed round watching - I’d rather take in a “Columbo” where you know whodunnit right from the start. More restful to the brain !

Agreed :

I even enjoyed the re-made van der Valk mini series which got a serious hammering by the critics . :wink:
Cessna571 liked this
Mike Tango wrote:The last episode did give us the beautiful line of exasperated frustration "Sweet baby Jesus, Mary, Joseph, and the wee donkey!" from Ted, which may come in useful in electronic conspicuity threads now and forever.

Definately!!
kanga liked this