For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By Rob P
I guess we'll watch the lot, but as we are currently at the end of Series 3 I thought I would check if people who have stuck with it think it's worth the effort.

We watched Series One a couple of weeks back, two episodes a night over three nights and it was decently watchable. This encouraged us into Series Two which was stunning, largely thanks to an amazing performance from Keeley Hawes. That only lasted two nights at three episodes a night :D

So with huge excitement we turned to Series Three and this is when the plot starts to get a bit unhinged and huge holes appear that don't make any sense at all.

Quit now, or persevere with Four & Five?

Rob P
I’ve enjoyed all of them, part way through the current series now which started a bit meh, but is picking up, I’m expecting a shocker twist this week. Lots of reference to preceding series, it’s all falling into place....or is it?
Can’t binge watch, it’s wait a week at a time. :(
@Rob L

I would heartily recommend trying S1 & 2. Really good tele (especially 2). Like you the hype is annoying me, which is why I am wondering whether to quit while I'm ahead.

Rob P
Rob P wrote:@Rob L

I would heartily recommend trying S1 & 2. Really good tele (especially 2). Like you the hype is annoying me, which is why I am wondering whether to quit while I'm ahead.

Rob P

I watch so little TV these days; too many adverts (even on the Beeb)
Rob P liked this
By Tall_Guy_In_a_PA28
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
We were late adopters of Line of Duty, binge watching the first 5 series this year. The plots do have a few strange twists (series 5 was worst for this imo) but the threads that run through the series are what keeps us coming back for more. Definitely worth sticking with it.
Rob P liked this
Didn’t watch any of it. Until current series.

Sad thing is I couldn’t give a monkey’s about any of the characters. I find the plot utterly unrealistic, unbelievable and difficult to follow. There are far better crime/police series available. Not least is any of the “Unforgotten” series. I care about those characters! Unllike those in LoD.

Sorry, but I won’t be going out of my way to watch GM’s predictable stodge.
As a point of interest, Jed Mercurio the writer /showrunner is one of us. (A pilot, not as far as I know a forumite)

In passing, what is a showrunner?

I'm sensing Series 2 was as good as it gets, Lindsey was a character worth caring about. I fear we'll end up watching 4 & 5 regardless, but with reduced expectation.

Thanks all.

Rob P
We only watched the previous series to the current series, and found that riveting.
(Might go back and watch 1&2 now!)

Finding the current series too heavy on “so, WHO is the bad guy/girl”

At the minute it’s too much like Agatha Christie, where it could be anyone and all is revealed in the last 10 minutes, it’s very hard to do that well.
Rob P liked this
Cessna571 wrote:
Finding the current series too heavy on “so, WHO is the bad guy/girl”

At the minute it’s too much like Agatha Christie, where it could be anyone and all is revealed in the last 10 minutes, it’s very hard to do that well.

One of the better things about the Line of Duty series is that nobody is really the good guy or the bad guy. As in real life, most of the characters are a complex blend of many qualities. The bad ones aren't - mostly - all bad, and the good guys are deeply flawed.

If you want to watch them, it is good to start with series one and work forward, as common characters and storylines develop as the series progress.
By TheKentishFledgling
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
A4 Pacific wrote:Didn’t watch any of it. Until current series.

Sad thing is I couldn’t give a monkey’s about any of the characters. I find the plot utterly unrealistic, unbelievable and difficult to follow. There are far better crime/police series available. Not least is any of the “Unforgotten” series. I care about those characters! Unllike those in LoD.

Sorry, but I won’t be going out of my way to watch GM’s predictable stodge.

Without wanting to state the obvious, but might it be you don’t feel for the characters in any way as you’ve not actually watched any of the previous five series to get their back stories? :scratch:
stevelup, PaulSS liked this