For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
Encouraged by this I dropped into the Gloucester Services on my way back from the West Country last week.

It is indeed a wondrous contrast to (say) Watford Gap. Definite top marks from me.

Rob P
kanga, Rob L liked this
Rob P wrote:Encouraged by this I dropped into the Gloucester Services on my way back from the West Country last week.

It is indeed a wondrous contrast to (say) Watford Gap. Definite top marks from me.

Rob P

Did you by any chance spot the E V chargers? They are replacing the existing network kit quite quickly and Gloucester is a planned stop for my Dorset trip in July and it would be nice to know if they’re likely to be working..

(They and Tebay are brilliant, but don’t control the EV facility.)
By tr7v8
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Rob P wrote:@Jim Jones

Sorry, not something that registers when I am in the 22mpg gas guzzler. :(

Rob P

22MPG that is positively economical. Mine averages 18.5 but in lockdown with limited miles is doing 15ish. But this is more economical than the Jeep Grand Cherokee 4 litre which was 16.5 MPG over 6 years!
Rob P liked this
If we are playing Top Trumps my Daimler Ferret wouldn't do more than 7mpg.

Mind you, I would have been unlikely to head for the West Country in it.

Rob P
Rjk983 liked this
By tr7v8
My miles pre-covid are normally 12K PA give or take a thousand. Most of my business miles are to/from airports or to/from station. I don't tend to drive massive distances in the UK which is probably a good thing as technically the rules for my personal car use for the company is minimum 25MPG! I cover Europe/middle east & Africa for work. In the first 3 months of C19 my push bike did more miles than all my cars put together!
Rob P liked this
I'm very much as guilty of thread drift as many others :( ; but in the interest of supporting the good motorway service stations, would the kind Mods consider dividing the motor matters herein from the essence of the Original Post?

Rob L
@Rob L

Your conversion to thread purity is most welcome, but don't forget that even irrelevancies bounce the thread to the front page, increasing the likelihood of people finding the best performing motorway stops, or whatever.

Rob P
By PeteSpencer
I have absolutely no idea how many mpg my 19 year old krautomobile does. I just fill it up every time the ‘reserve fuel’ caption and images appear.

Don’t see what difference to my driving this knowledge would make…. :roll:
By Rjk983
Mike Tango wrote:In current parlance, shouldn’t we consider that threads now mutate rather than drift?

Indeed, what is the naming convention that shall be adopted? Does this mutation become the RobP variant, or do we use the Greek alphabet so as not to stigmatise the mutant?
Rob P, Mike Tango liked this
I am perfectly happy to be immortalised as a mutation :lol:

Corley Services on the M6 near Coventry is OK, but the denizens seem to be fairly casual about mask wearing.

Rob P
Rjk983 wrote:..do we use the Greek alphabet ..

<continuing drift, er, mutation :oops: >

.. and then, on complaints that that is too esoteric, follow the Only Connect example and switch to Egyptian hieroglyphics instead ? :)

<mutating further> of course, for drivers seeking a M5 break near Gloucester at a weekend, JAM is very close :wink: </>
mick w, Rjk983, Jim Jones liked this