For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
Haircuts and all are very amusing, but for me the most exciting event of 2021 was getting the news that my parents--79 and 81 but very much healthy and with an active lifestyle in the countryside--got their first vaccine jab last week. :clap:
Morten wrote:This email arrived yesterday and will be very exciting, you could say it'll give a bit of a buzz...

And it relates to flying! Lots of flying!

:thumright: :thumleft:

There's an endless amount of puns that can follow, but I'm not going to bee that guy. (Oops: I guess I was! :D )
T6Harvard liked this
Nero wrote:
akg1486 wrote: my parents--79 and 81 but very much healthy and with an active lifestyle in the countryside--got their first vaccine jab last week. :clap:

Excellent news. The number of people vaccinated currently is amazing news

~ Scott

Thanks. The vax rate is not as high as expected in my country, but I still have some hope of getting at least the first shot by the end of June. Not sure when my parents get their second and my mom gets to hug my niece and nephew--her only grandchildren--again. But at least that event is in sight! :thumleft:
T6Harvard liked this
By Rob P
Ummmmmm ..... :think:

I am sure there must be something. I shall get back to you...

maybe ...
By townleyc
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
On the topic of beards , I have had one for over 40 years

The trick to avoid the itching is to use a stiff hairbrush to brush it every morning to stimulate the skin

I also reckon that they take as much work to keep in order as shaving every day. I have always trimmed it myself, but not infrequently it seems to do its own thing. I even asked my barber to give it a trim last year, but he declined!

KE
Unusually for me trying to get back on topic.......

Socially distanced local 'bike ride with a friend yesterday and eventually realising that if combined my 'bike type and his registration we were VFR and CAVOK, followed by 9 holes of golf.

Having to put the sunshade up over the decking 30 mins ago because the sun was both too bright and too hot. And now off for another 9+ holes now.

It's almost like getting your life back.
akg1486, seanxair, T6Harvard and 2 others liked this
By T6Harvard
When I was young, I mean really young not the young I am now :mrgreen: I took golf lessons. This interest was mainly because the good looking lad from the nearby pub was taking lessons...
I stuck at it for about 12 months but lost interest and prefer a good walk to be unspoiled nowadays.
Anyway...
... A couple of years ago my Mum said, "You should have carried on with your golf, you were good at it." Brilliant timing, Mum, 35 years too late!
BTW, I wasn't good at it but my aim has improved since I got specs :lol: 8)

Back on topic- exciting things are piling up here - salad with lemon sole for dinner because it is summer today! A bottle of Pouilly Fume shall also be involved, courtesy of a F&M hamper from a client :mrgreen:
AlanC liked this
By Pete L
Iceman wrote:I have never had a beard in my life so I thought I’d experiment with how scruffy I can make myself look in four months of lockdown. The results are quite impressive, rather resembling a yeti, I suspect :shock:. I can’t tell you how much I’m looking forward to the barber so that I can finally get rid of this bloody itchy beard and excess hair :D.

Hairy Iceman 8)

We need photos. Or perhaps we don't. :D