For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By Pete L
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
I'm expecting the desert equivalent of Whisky Galore if they resort to unloading the thing. With luck one of the containers will need that brass adaptor Foo Gee is after.
By Sooty25
My Mother dropped an interesting theory.

Act of terrorism attacking western finances and supply chaiins. Causes a huge amount of financial pain and disruption, without killing anyone and without putting a target on anyones back.

Thinking about it, a low ranked engineer on board could potentially override steering for a short period of time, sufficient enough to get far enough out of shape, but still be blamed on the wind. $100k would set up the family of a Philipino crewman quite nicely!
mick w liked this
By Iceman
Pete L wrote:I'm expecting the desert equivalent of Whisky Galore if they resort to unloading the thing.

Nah, they’ll just end up with a new pyramid full of ‘treasures’.

Perhaps this was just one of those pyramid schemes (or should I say pyramid scams :lol:) all along.

Iceman 8)
Rjk983, Pete L liked this
By Sir Morley Steven
I’m sure there is a reason but wouldn’t they get more purchase if the thing pulling it off (so to speak) was on the other bank?
By eltonioni
mick w wrote:
Iceman wrote:Image

Iceman 8)

Ha ha ,can't contain myself :lol:

Steady on, don't go overboard.
mick w liked this
By malcolmfrost
She's completely free! Apparently being moored up, maybe for a serious amount of inspecting as the strain on the hull must have been very unusual. Possibly means the canal still size restricted.
By Nero
Iceman wrote:This guy would have sorted it in no time :lol:.

That's a lot of ladders :lol:

The sheer size of this task has been mind boggling. Yet solved with one digger, a suction hose and a few small boats - incredible.

They're gonna need a bigger canal.