For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By Rob L
Paul_Sengupta wrote:
Rob L wrote:A half-unit of radiation?

Half-wit?

I've been a half-wit for half of my life (does that make me a quarter-wit?) :wink:
By Pete L
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Marie Curie - the only person to be awarded Nobel Prizes both for Physics and Chemistry - recent docudrama Radioactive.
kanga liked this
By akg1486
True, but the Curie family won three more Nobel prizes: her husband, her daughter and her son-in-law. (The latter as a representative of UNICEF. )
Pete L, kanga liked this
By malcolmfrost
I read yesterday that the ship is being impounded until whoever is responsible pays $1.5 billion in damages! I was sceptical, but she is still in the Great Bitter Lake so there may be some truth in it :o
By Trent772
Meanwhile......

My Outback Magnum BBQ is probably in one of those containers, so please hurry up !!!!
By PeteSpencer
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Trent772 wrote:Meanwhile......

My Outback Magnum BBQ is probably in one of those containers, so please hurry up !!!!

Yep I’ve got two lots of Chinese tat for the grandkids on the way .

Despite my vowing never to buy Chinese tat online again having been ripped off to the tune of 30 squids last year .

Some people never learn :roll:
Trent772 liked this
By CloudHound
The ship's owners have declared "General Average" too meaning the cargo shippers are liable for recovery costs as well.

Be interesting to see if the compensation burden has to be shared as well?

Bring on the lawyers :thumright:
By Bill McCarthy
HMS Dreadnought witnessed a collision between two ships in the Malacca Straits, one of them I seem to recall was the Carnation. We picked up 30 something survivors from the Carnation which remained afloat. However, the cruiser HMS Tiger waded in to take charge - consequently, the admiral received tens of thousands of £s salvage, whilst the rest of the task force received “shares”. By the time the Dreadnought got their crumbs - I received the fantastic sum of about £3.50 !!