For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By G-BLEW
Boss Man  Boss Man
Hi

Does anyone know of a decent motorhome rental company that's not too far from an airport somewhere in that tranche of the country that encompasses Leeds/Doncaster (ish).

Plan is to drive to Yorkshire Dales, and happy to make that a two or three hour drive.

I know it's a long shot, but you never know…

Thanks

Ian
By Spooky
I wish you good luck with your search. My parents are getting frequent knocks on the door asking if our temporary home on the driveway (caravan) is for sale. I think people are realising a holiday abroad might not be possible this year!
G-BLEW liked this
By mickeyjaw
As well as the rental businesses, have a look at Camplify. They're an AirBnB type business model where individuals can list their own motorhomes for rent, with Camplify providing the insurance, payment facility and dispute resolution etc.

I've only used them once, but had a good experience.
G-BLEW liked this
By G-BLEW
Boss Man  Boss Man
AndyR wrote:Do I take it that the mileage charge is that expensive to not hire near where you live?

No, just trying to avoid hours on a motorway really

Ian
By G-BLEW
Boss Man  Boss Man
AndyR wrote:Would you not be driving anyway? Or are you thinking of flying up to Yorkshire? Just curious, as considering this as a way of getting a holiday this year. Assuming any availability at all of course :?

Plan was to fly up to Yorkshire, trying to maximise holiday time.

Ian
AndyR liked this