For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By riverrock
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
I wouldn't want her here either - but as the only citizenship she has ever had was British (I assume she wouldn't be entitled to Dutch through marriage as she hasn't been resident in the low countries and Bangladesh has rejected that they would let her claim citizenship there), and as you can't legally make someone stateless, she is unfortunately our responsibility.
Suspicion is that the High Court would confirm this, but she has to get to the UK to make that petition, we don't have a consulate near her and no one wants to make it easy for her.
Flyin'Dutch' liked this
Begum IS receiving the justice she deserves. If she did return to the U.K, she would most likely get a light sentence, released, then to receive “hero worship” from likely terrorists. Better where she is.
As for Sussexs’ - there was absolutely no need for them to proceed with the interview and at the very least, naive, thinking that there would be tame reaction to it. They really have shat in their own nest regarding U.K. sympathy to their “plight”.
By PeteSpencer
Paultheparaglider wrote:Image

If you’re a DT subscriber I recommend signing up to Matt’s weekly column in which he runs through his thoughts behind the gestation of each day’s DT cartoons and shows others which did not make the cut.

I’ve bought a couple of his signed cartoons representing very relevant humorous episodes in the life of chez S. :wink:
not a DT subscriber, indeed never bought one, although I have occasionally done the crossword in a Mess anteroom copy :roll:

But I have enjoyed the fact that the Matt cartoon is usually (except on Mondays, I've observed; well, he needs a day off :) ) on the front page of the paper, where its image is usually just about readable on the BBC news site's reproductions of the front pages of most of the nationals; in the daily review of the papers, in which the DT's is usually among the selection.

Back to topic: the front pages with headlines on this topic of all those nationals have tended to have 'taken sides' firmly (and predictably). And the DT's, on this and other topics, give me no reason to wish to buy a copy.
kanga wrote:
Highland Park wrote:A view from Australia....

a predictably selective view from part of the Murdoch stable in Australia ? ..

I am not surprised serendipitously to have discovered that the ".. people were reaching for the "chuck bucket".." quote comes not as a fruitily expressed but scientifically analysed gist of widespread impartial polling of a large number of Australians but from "..a Piers Morgan style Australian broadcaster... Outspoken Sky Australia talk show host Alan Jones.."; ie, from wholly within the Murdoch Empire in Australia, and a channel which is the Australian equivalent of Fox News (also Murdoch's, of course). So this is, indeed, 'a view from Australia' , but not necessarily a typical one; although it might be ... :roll: I assume, but do not know, it is this Alan Jones:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_Jone ... roadcaster)

The Murdoch editorial lines (in which Rupert promises he's never interfered, of course :wink: ) worldwide have consistently (from the start of his publishing career) been anti House of Windsor, and in publications outside UK ones also generally anti-British. The only hereditary dynasty of which he has consistenjtly approved (and promoted their business and family interests) is his own :evil: This does not, of course, mean that any stories/editorials, comments following these lines are necessarily wrong ..
Is this a new peak of chutzpah .. DM complaining of 'distortion by juxtaposition of photos' ?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-56379830

"Daily Mail and Mail Online owner Associated Newspapers is reported to have written to ViacomCBS, the makers of the interview, to complain that there was "deliberate distortion and doctoring" in a "misleading" montage of British newspaper headlines that was used in the programme.

Meghan recently won a High Court privacy case against Associated Newspapers over the publication of extracts from a letter to her father."
Flyin'Dutch' liked this
Seeking further privacy this week.

Mrs Sussex also seems to have taken up piloting Tiger Moths, perhaps to help Mr Sussex's Black Magic delivery service.

:?
eltonioni wrote:Seeking further privacy this week.

Mrs Sussex also seems to have taken up piloting Tiger Moths, perhaps to help Mr Sussex's Black Magic delivery service.

:?

Ooh - I can’t wait for the Photoshop Brigade to have fun with that one!

I’m thinking things like “Ex-Royal auditions for ventriloquist act on America’s Got Talent…”

I generally DGAS about this stuff, but I have to admit I find “Princess Pinocchio” rather witty.
By Paul_Sengupta
JAFO wrote:Yes, I agree Bill, it looks awful, doesn't it? Young, fit, healthy, beautiful wife, healthy child, second one on the way, plenty of cash, nice house in the California sunshine, his choice of what he does in the world. Dreadful, poor chap, he must be kicking himself.

But does he get to fly Granny's toys? Eh, eh?
Rob P wrote:..

As for the stupid Begum girl. She made her bed etc ... Not wanted here.

Rob P

<Picking up thread from a while ago :oops: >

I note that ASIO in Australia is downgrading threat level (even ?) having taken into account possibility that ISIS Australian brides and children may be allowed to return soon

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-11-28/ ... /101705474

</>