For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
I'm not convinced he's Charlies boy either!

Let's face it, it was always going to cause upset, she's almost the full set.
American, divorced, mixed parentage, the only thing missing is a teenage child by a foul mouthed rapper!

I wish they would just go to America, and work on the privacy they so desperately clamer
Propwash wrote:Millions of people will have their own suspicions about the veracity of the "explosive" claims made by an individual who was apparently paid handsomely for the interview. Such money is not usually paid out for mundane revelations.

PW

I know it is goes against forum norms to mention real facts, but apparently Oprah states very clearly at the start of the show that neither Meghan nor Harry received any payment for the interview. :wink:

That does, of course, beg the question why not when CBS have been reported to have paid 7 million USD for the rights to the interview.
kanga, MachFlyer liked this
Paultheparaglider wrote:
I know it is goes against forum norms to mention real facts, but apparently Oprah states very clearly at the start of the show that neither Meghan nor Harry received any payment for the interview. :wink:

That does, of course, beg the question why not when CBS have been reported to have paid 7 million USD for the rights to the interview.

Which is not what was reported by ITV, who whilst not putting a figure on it, did claim that a substantial part of the $7 million was paid to the couple. Who knows? I don't. I do, however, on track records to date, have my suspicions.

PW
By riverrock
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
There will be two sides to many of these stories.
Mental health support at the top of many organisations is poor, with certain people expecting you to just get on with it and struggle through - not something to talk about.
It does also speak to the leaky sieve privacy is in the palace.
I have a suspicion that some of the other things were naiivity / miscommunication.
Buck house and the Mall could be converted to a really good new heliport and kthe Mall into a nice runway for light aircraft. The land attached to the numerous castles could be used for fresh new environment friendly housing estates or turned over to local flying clubs.
The whole idea of kings queens dukes,earls etc is archaic---..either slim the whole thing down--as per the Dutch or similar or have have the german type president--basically an up market greeter to welcome heads of states and dish out some medals to those who have done something for others --not for themselves. RANT OVER!
Flyin'Dutch' liked this
Hell hath no fury ‘n all that. Done out of spite and knowing the absolute turmoil that would happen as a result. There was no racism as far as I could see - as everyone who had any interest whatsoever would pose the same question or at the very least give it thought. Mountains/molehills

The monarchy has brought £billions to the country in tourism alone. Indeed I’m in favour of building another Royal Yacht as the old one certainly did its bit around the world in on board trade deals.
PeteSpencer, Charles Hunt, Sooty25 and 3 others liked this
By Flyin'Dutch'
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
The French don't have a Royal Family anymore - yet Paris is pretty popular to tourists.

It was unwise to go on television. There will be a big backlash - they have previous.

The Prince and Ms Markle were naive in thinking that it would be any different now.

My sympathy goes to him, he has suffered terrible and given a lot to the country and the Royal Family at a price that nobody should have to pay.

Those concerned about the disrepute the Sussexes are bringing should do well to remember the stellar previous behaviour of other Royals, including his uncle , dad and grandfather.