For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By ROG
An American friend has seen pictures of the Hamble conversion and is looking at getting it done on his cherokee.
My thoughts are to phone the CAA tech dept to see if they have any info.
Just wondered if anyone out there has any tech details on this mod.
Would piper themselves have to sanction such a mod--presume probably done by hamble engineers at that time.
By UncleT
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Those Cherokees at Hamble were a key driver for my interest in aircraft and flying, having grown up living inside the Hamble circuit, going to school next to the airfield and spending hours on end watching them and listening to them on an air band radio.
By ROG
Hi Malcolm-there are still a few around. I actually own G-AVNO along with a couple of other guys.
I expect you may well have flown GAVNO-had numerous ex BA guys coming up to me over the years.
If you know the location of any in the states that would be useful. I"m hoping the CAA tech guys might come up with something or else the only thing is photos.
By malcolmfrost
Yep, 4 hours total in 1979/80 :D
I've got no info at all on any USA aircraft I'm afraid.
I could ask the owner of NW if you like, he bought the aircraft when Hamble shut down so there might be some old paperwork that went with it!
By malcolmfrost
They all felt the same! Mind you, there was a lot of concentration going on.....
Where does yours live?
Even now it's still a great aircraft. Interestingly all the Boeings I flew had very similar control harmonisation, maybe a coincidence, maybe not :D