For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-56091592

Perseverance rover: Nasa robot heading for a bulls-eye landing

The American space agency says its Perseverance rover is lined up perfectly for its landing on Mars.

The robot is heading for a touchdown on Thursday in a crater called Jezero just north of the planet's equator.

Its mission objectives will be to search for signs of past life and to collect and prepare rock samples for return to Earth in the 2030s.
akg1486 liked this
romille wrote:
Propwash wrote:I hope, in case the Rover discovers present day life, it is carrying packets of Cadburys Smash as a token of peace. Do they still make such stuff?

(For Forumites of a certain age)

PW

Not sure, not seen any for years, but the adverts were brilliant! :lol:

I'm not of that certain age, but YT to the rescue. But did people really buy mashed potato in a tin in the 70s? :shock: That's nearly as amazing as the Mars mission.

akg1486 wrote:I'm not of that certain age, but YT to the rescue. But did people really buy mashed potato in a tin in the 70s? :shock: That's nearly as amazing as the Mars mission.

They did. I was a single man working long shifts in those days and thought it seemed a good idea; anything to speed things up in the kitchen. I tried it once and the rest went into the bin. It was like dried dog food but yellow and even adding butter with the boiling water didn't improve the taste. :pukel:

You live and learn. :oops:

PW
Propwash wrote:I hope, in case the Rover discovers present day life, it is carrying packets of Cadburys Smash as a token of peace. Do they still make such stuff?

(For Forumites of a certain age)

PW

In respect of your first point, I've never forgiven them for Mars Attacks! I hope we go armed with nukes.

As for your second point, yes.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Smash-Instant- ... B007XR0QQ6

However, on second thoughts, as one of that certain age who has actually tried the stuff, I say forget the nukes. Smash would be a far more suitable payback. :wink:
By johnm
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
A remarkable achievement given all that they've had to contend with in recent times. On the other topic, the range of processed foods available and the fact that people eat them is a serious problem for mankind........
skydriller wrote:..

But I wish "they" would stop referring to the autonomous drone as a helicopter...

<linguist nerd :oops: >

why ?

ἕλιξ helix spiral, twisted
πτερόν pteron wing

that autonomous drone, as illustrated, seems to qualify :)

</>
johnm, akg1486, Rob L liked this