For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
Paul_Sengupta wrote:You realise that flying is about going for a meal with friends when the sun shines?

Absolutely!! Especially a fly-in abroad or even hosting something for others to fly-in and meet up. I have to say that the Raduno/Fraduno meet-ups have been some of the most pleasuarable flying experiences Ive had - great locations for sure, but the people taking part mean it has resulted in (I hope) lasting friendships with many on here - Thankyou, you know who you are :thumleft:

Regards, SD..

PS : is Tiramisu a cake?
skydriller wrote:but the people taking part mean it has resulted in (I hope) lasting friendships with many on here - Thankyou, you know who you are :thumleft:

I rescued your other half's home made elderflower cordial from the fridge in Guildford the other day and brought it back to Wales. I had a glass the other night and as well as having not developed any furry bits and being as nice as it was when I first sampled it, I'm still alive, so that's a bonus. You can claim longevity for it.

skydriller wrote:PS : is Tiramisu a cake?

:whistle:

I seem to remember that not lasting long enough for anyone to take any home...
skydriller, Rallye liked this
In the absence of the obvious which we’re all grounded from

Sea,Hills.

Sun, snow

My niece’s and nephews’ antics and endeavours.

The fact that when I say that out loud it sounds like I have multiple nieces or just the one nephew but the written apostrophes makes it clear I have one niece, many nephews.

Cheese and crackers, chocolate, and a mate’s homemade jerky (not all at once)

The actual flipping Cake Van which started up locally during lockdown and will bring slices of cake and puddies and weird American fizzy drinks right to your door.

Family pets on Zoom.

My silly axolotl following me up and down the tank and rearranging all his belongings if I move them when cleaning it

Complicated modern board games.

Ridiculous family games of Among Us and my poor mum complaining about being thrown out an airlock yet again.

The postie recognising me and the lady in the corner shop telling me she’s ordered more of “my” pizza when I pitch up at the till with the wrong one.

The bloke who runs the local comic shop who by all accounts has turned his living room into a depot to make sure everyone gets their reads while the shop is shut.

Snowdrops. Daffodils.

That first night it’s not dark when you leave work.

The two friends who send actual physical letters from two different corners of the globe.

Accidentally slipping something in in Welsh and discovering a new Welsh speaker to talk to thereby.

That “got it” problem solved when working helpdesk.

Rocketships.

Even or especially when they go boom.

Lists…?
JAFO, Rob P, T6Harvard and 2 others liked this
Receiving a message from my kids.

Coming out of illegal IMC, still alive.

Getting the volume of pasta or rice exactly right when cooking.

Staying on cruise control from the entry slip road to the exit slip road, and not using brakes, no matter how far the motorway stint.

Planting a fillet steak in the vegan section every time I go to a supermarket. These days, I can’t allow myself to leave until I have accomplished this.

Closing the grain store after harvest and knowing that it’s all dry and safe for the winter.

Seeing an underdog win anything.

Seeing youth beat the ‘youth of today’ negative reputation they have.

The time between ordering a curry delivery and the delivery arriving, while I sip a cold beer with the plates warming up in the oven.

Seeing my kids look to me for guidance. Whether they’re 24 months or 24 years, it’s equally as rewarding.

Looking back at the people who’ve had my back for the last five years while I’ve had a Carp time and the people who haven’t, and making big decisions about human nature in general and what qualities make true ‘friends’.

Fillet steak.

Dry, flat, cold cider.

My wife.

Roast chicken.
Last edited by TheFarmer on Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
mick w, TheKentishFledgling, Nick and 1 others liked this
TheFarmer wrote:
Staying on cruise control from the entry slip road to the exit slip road, and not using brakes, no matter how far the motorway stint.

Careful with this one, in a continuing attempt at licence preservation in a new-to-me car I was using the cruise control with feet away from the pedals, unfortunately as I started to brake on the slip road my foot was hitting the clutch instead of the brake and I thought I had complete brake failure.

Some brilliant observation and driving by the lady in front as I went through a ninety degree left at 50 plus mph - she went left as I nearly ran into the back of her and then as I snapped back the other way she moved right again - saved the day.
Against a background of many and various negative factors, some Covid related, others not, far and away the best feel-good factor I (we've) experienced for quite some time is the arrival of our wonderful dog, Minnie.

She is pure happiness on four legs, she puts a smile on your face every minute she's awake, regardless of the cr4p that's going on around you, she has made a massive difference to our lives since she arrived 5 months ago.
Charles Hunt, Rob P, T6Harvard and 1 others liked this
Dinner cooked by DH and served after a long, hard day at the PC.

The sound of the turbine lighting up as I introduce fuel.

Snuggling under a fat duvet on a cold night.

Sitting around the table with my brother’s family, putting the world to rights, sipping at a nice glass of red.

A V8 burbling away as it warms up.

Music. Almost any sort........
Flyingfemme wrote:
A V8 burbling away as it warms up.

Music. Almost any sort........

Oh yes!

Supercharged V8 and an aftermarket exhaust system mean I never turn the car radio on at all now. The best music there is.

And while I am a little jealous of those with the latest EV tech, I also feel sad for the generation growing up who will never press a pedal and be rewarded with the rumble of a V8 or the bark of a naturally aspirated flat six.

Rob P