For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By Mr Bags
stevelup wrote:All Howdens wall units are 290 deep (overall) giving an internal depth of about 270.

Just because I've got nothing better to do, I measured my plates. They range between 275 and 335mm in diameter so none would fit.

Just measured my Ikea wall units - they are 370 deep. Very useful as wine bottles can be kept on their side!

And as FD says, those pull out larder units are the dog's b's!
Flyin'Dutch' liked this
By Rob P
No apologies, I still maintain this is the only sensible way to store plates.

Rob P
AndyR liked this
By JonathanB
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Takes up quite a bit of space though and we only have a smallish kitchen.
Flyin'Dutch' liked this
By Rob P
JonathanB wrote:Takes up quite a bit of space though and we only have a smallish kitchen.

Our kitchen isn't exactly huge. For sheer convenience it is second only to the corner larder in things I would never want to lose from a kitchen. Voice of experience.

As for gathering dust? I am afraid FD will have to stop doing his sanding in the kitchen.

Rob P
By Paultheparaglider
Propwash wrote:
The amount of storage space even left her with a spare cupboard

You definitely need to hang on to that lady.

We have a big kitchen with tons of cupboards. Unlike your experience, here Mrs Parkinson's law applies. Any spare cupboard space means new purchases of pots and pans. Or some other new fangled kitchen gadget. I hardly dare look these days. :wink:
Propwash liked this
By Charles Hunt
In our Italian home, fitted out in the 80s, the drying rack is fitted behind doors (no bottom) over the double sinks, so everything just drips down into the sinks.

I still hit my head occasionally, but apart from that it's brilliant.
By PeteSpencer
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Our kitchen is 'kin enormous with 11ft ceilings but we still keep our plates/glassware etc in cupboards, with cooking utensils outta sight in deep drawers below the hob...

The only thing out in the open and gathering dust is the bookcase full of Nigella's best and the pile of bills on the island...... :oops: