For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By GrahamB
PeteSpencer wrote:Nah, they're just keeping abreast of the times :roll:

They may have dug a hole for themselves.
By romille
GrahamB wrote:

They will probably end up admitting that they made a boob!
By seanxair
romille wrote:
GrahamB wrote:

They will probably end up admitting that they made a boob!

Twice as bad as that I'd venture
By eltonioni
Hmm, it looks like a bunch of medics, managers and journos all with far too much time on their hands. Maybe a bit more focus on mental health might be more productive than public willy waving virtue signalling which ends up making things worse for the people it's trying to give a bit of a leg up to. Maybe the Trust can just shut up and let their people get on with it on a one-to-one basis if that's what a patient wants.

I'm racking this up as yet another man bites dog story and a demonstration of why reading LOTS of different news and views is sensible.
By Rob P
eltonioni wrote: ... reading LOTS of different news and views is sensible.

Reading / watching / listening to virtually no news is even more sensible.

To be fair I do now watch some of the local TV news, but I certainly don't buy a newspaper. It is amazing how much needless stress it saves you.

Rob P
JAFO liked this
By JAFO
I agree, @eltonioni, an over-emphasis on being up-to-the-minute and a focus on here today, gone tomorrow journalism rather than an interest in reading more deeply may account for, what you refer to as, asshattery*.

*myself included
By Flyingfemme
eltonioni wrote:Hmm, it looks like a bunch of medics, managers and journos all with far too much time on their hands. Maybe a bit more focus on mental health might be more productive than public willy waving virtue signalling which ends up making things worse for the people it's trying to give a bit of a leg up to. Maybe the Trust can just shut up and let their people get on with it on a one-to-one basis if that's what a patient wants.

I'm offended by the use of "willy waving"............... :roll:
kanga, Rob P, johnm and 1 others liked this
By PeteSpencer
David, now Diana, Thomas, having been dumped in December by the DT Saturday magazine after an 18 month series following his transitioning progress, has re-surfaced in today's DT with an impassioned rebuttal of this daft move saying that in the end the plain stupidity of the proposals will do his group of folks no good at all.
Last edited by PeteSpencer on Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By johnm
As a youngster a VERY long time ago I was taught that one of the most devastating criticisms available is:

"He/she means well!"

I can't help feeling that we might be travelling towards that point......