For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By Rob P
Samsonite wrote:Suspecting that Rob P has likely seen all of these already but my two pennies anyway :lol:

<snippety snip>

Most importantly though Spiral the final series starts this coming Saturday on BBC4 !

Well not the Netflix ones for reasons stated, but Trapped sounds promising, so it can maybe be viewed in parallel with Spiral / Engrenages

Thx

Rob P

The one surprise of the holiday viewing for me was the McKenzie Crook relaunch of Worzel Gummidge. We caught the third one by accident and had to iPlayer the first two. Neither of us were fans of the original Pertwee opus.
By kanga
Colonel Panic wrote:... As is Cardinal (Canada, iPlayer). Not Scandi, but the latter was especially good.

[Freeview only ..]

Have enjoyed all series of Cardinal, but disappointed that it's always only in English, despite the fact that the costar is francophone and French is widely spoken in Northern Ontario.
By Rob P
Cardinal was indeed excellent. :thumleft:

Rob P
By malcolmfrost
kanga wrote:
malcolmfrost wrote:..
The Same Sky, Berlin during the Wall era with great attention to detail.

.. detail not always correct, but you had to be there and pernickety to spot the errors :wink:

Please tell!! :D
By kanga
malcolmfrost wrote:..
Please tell!! :D

No :)

(Except to say: RAF Gatow in early '70s, including the beginning of the Watergate scandal, featured in some of the TV news clips during the series, shown as an obvious date marker)
By akg1486
I just started watching a new series related to aviation: The Flight Attendant, starring Kaley Cuoco who's otherwise most well-known as Penny in The Big Bang Theory.
By Rob P
Samsonite wrote:Trapped - Amazon Prime ...excellent can’t wait for series 3

Well that was a disappointment.

Not the series, which is excellent, but four minutes in we realised we had already watched it and simply fogotten the title.

When Series 3 arrives, we'll be there.

Meanwhile a heads-up for In Order Of Disappearance [Prime]. It's a two-hour complete story with stunning Norwegian scenery, a lot of black humour, the Scandi bloke from Mama Mia, and the blonde Scandi girl who has been in everything from Borgen through Greyzone. This is a definte 'not to be missed'. There is also an English language version [Cold Pursuit - Prime] replacing the Scandi bloke with Liam Neeson on furlough from Love Actually until next Christmas. I haven't seen this yet, and I am quite glad to have seen the foreign language version first.

Rob P

Edit: I just ran the trailer for Cold Pursuit. It's almost a shot for shot recreation of the original, but moved from Norway to The Rockies.
Colonel Panic liked this
Rob P wrote:Meanwhile a heads-up for In Order Of Disappearance [Prime]....the Scandi bloke from Mama Mia, and the blonde Scandi girl who has been in everything from Borgen.

Samsonite wrote:Twins - meh I persisted only because of Kristofer Hivju but hours of my life I won’t get back !

Kristofer Hivju makes an appearance in In Order of Disappearance too!

The more one watches Scandi stuff the more one realises just how small the acting pool is over there. Mind you, "the blonde Scandi girl" can't do anything wrong in my book :D
Amazon Prime.... wierd system... decided not to pay them now when the trial is over.

The Amazon Prime series "Bosch"...

I watched the first series and was impressed at how closely the characters were to the books. Really started getting into it, so started watching the second series...then today, despite the series being on the ad page, it says "not available in your country at this time" ... hmmm.... This isnt some odd movie, its an amazon prime series, so why make it unavailable this year when it was available last year... Not impressed!!

Regards, SD..
malcolmfrost liked this
By Rob P
Rob P wrote:Edit: I just ran the trailer for Cold Pursuit. It's almost a shot for shot recreation of the original, but moved from Norway to The Rockies.

And tonight we watched the whole thing.

If I had to chose one it would be "Order of...". This may just be because we saw it fresh and tonight's Cold Pursuit was slavishly similar, or maybe because the blonde Scandi girl* is prettier than the dark haired Indian one, and more likely because I kept expecting "Nels" to break into "what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career, skills that make me a nightmare for people like you."

Interesting too that the term "Indian" is used throughout, not "Native American"

Watch "Order of...". You won't regret it.

Rob P

*Birgitte Hjort Sørensen
By MachFlyer
skydriller wrote:Amazon Prime.... wierd system... decided not to pay them now when the trial is over.

The Amazon Prime series "Bosch"...

I watched the first series and was impressed at how closely the characters were to the books. Really started getting into it, so started watching the second series...then today, despite the series being on the ad page, it says "not available in your country at this time" ... hmmm.... This isnt some odd movie, its an amazon prime series, so why make it unavailable this year when it was available last year... Not impressed!!

Regards, SD..

I might be wrong but I read that this was because of brexit?? I read it on twitter so of course it could be absolute nonsense :lol:
By Rob P
Bosch (all series) is certainly still available in the UK on Prime .

Rob P